Lt. Commander
I'm curious why the sets from the FEs don't scale with player level.

I guess it could be to encourage replay, but given the rate at which you level up replaying the same missions every tier seems, odd. And in the latest FE some missions reward two pieces from the same set (requiring you to play it twice per tier to get the set). That seems a little ridiculous.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-07-2012, 11:48 AM
Leveling gear used to be a part of the FE's.

For some random excuse, Cryptic decided to re-"master" them all to make sets non-level...

Basically yea... the excuse is to encourage replay...
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-07-2012, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Leveling gear used to be a part of the FE's.

For some random excuse, Cryptic decided to re-"master" them all to make sets non-level...

Basically yea... the excuse is to encourage replay...
Which sort of made sense at the time they did it. But then they also added a bunch of alternate rewards, and stuck the FEs into the episode railroad so that you can only play them at the "right" time.

The latest FE in particular seems to have rewards that are robust enough that you could probably level out of a tier just by replaying those 5 missions enough to get every offered reward (there are 3 reward choices for each mission, and some of them are consumables). At which point your set gear is obsolete.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-07-2012, 12:02 PM
the gear like the traactor mines are generally weaker than marked gear but the mines are the exception since it is the only one and people like me uses them to **** people off or annoy them. iwish they have a polaron version of the Connie phasers to give a more of a choice.