Lt. Commander
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/1...evermisses.png

never miss never even if your oppoent have more then 100 defense..

http://youtu.be/6kpSjgAC9f8
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-07-2012, 12:23 PM
How is it that this **** keeps coming back? Seriously, Cryptic?
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-07-2012, 01:11 PM
Cryptic, could we please get some acknowledgement on this issue?

Guys, if someone does come along to acknowledge can we please try not to jump their **** or rub salt in the wounds this time? We really need a dialogue and we can't keep chasing them away.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-07-2012, 01:13 PM
Doesn't that also show that at times it does 0 damage? So yes it hits....but doesn't always register damage = missing?

I also started parsing in late January and noticed this then as well.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-07-2012, 01:25 PM
Appreciate you posting this, you should grey out your personal desktop though.

This should put to bed the idea that FAW is not broken, and everyone should stop using it until it is fixed.

Enjoy

Yours in Mnhei'sahe Plasma,
Star*Dagger
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-07-2012, 01:36 PM
LoL major beam nerf they dropped on the table there....
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-07-2012, 01:55 PM
The screenshot also shows that without FAW it's 97% accurate. Of course it's a bug, but is 3% difference really gamebreaking?
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-07-2012, 02:11 PM
i wouldnt mind faw being 100% if it did less damage per shot.

in my imagination i think it would be like- all the weapon drain from firing so quickly means each beam is weaker but there ar emore of them etc etc...

and i've been watching voyager a lot lately.... my god the things they could add -cries in dispear-
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-07-2012, 03:02 PM
Wait there are many who probably will not reply in this thread that swore up and down that FaW was fine. I won't name names but you know who you are. When a well known cruiser pilot saws FaW is the best tactical power for cruiser you know there is a problem. The only thing that mitigates it a little is the KHG but only for a second because the decreased accuracy proc does nothing for FaW users
Lt. Commander
# 10 OK, I'll be THAT guy
03-07-2012, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
The screenshot also shows that without FAW it's 97% accurate. Of course it's a bug, but is 3% difference really gamebreaking?
Exactly.

OK this is going to get tricky to explain. Yes, I agree fixing this bug should happen but suggesting that people should abandon FAW or that it should be taboo seem a bit unrealistic.

Current FAW is not Old FAW which was both accurate, hard hitting and long lasting. I'm not a math head but hasn't the duration of all the FAWs been drastically reduced and I'm fairly certain Old FAW's damage was nerfed as well to make current FAW?

Sure, does FAW hurt when you run into a 5 man premade excel or od team using FAW 3 and FAW 2 constantly? Absolutely. But a premade spamming anything hurts (well except for jam sensors).

Abandoning FAW also doesn't make sense when one considers the spam currently in game. Ignoring scorpion fighters and tudoj fighters which I couldn't care less about. Tachyon Drones as well as healing pods are legitimate problems and threats in pvp.

Expecting cruisers to individually target them seem unrealistic and hurtful to Fed teams.

I'm not saying it doesn't merit a fix, I'm saying I'm not sure players should be expected to abstain from it and those whom do should be pilloried.