Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
03-07-2012, 03:14 PM
Which brings the question of whether or not the recent beam accuracy changes actually went into effect or if that adjustment has been rolled back by whatever messed FAW up again? Ninety seven percent accuracy from unbuffed beams on a target that is reported to be near 100% defends doesn't sound right. Also, even though there is only 3% difference between a buffed and unbuffed beam I would think the added shots from FAW might make a significant enough difference to be considered worse.

I know my Dual Beams seem to have plenty of misses (they sure don't appear to be 97% accurate) but I haven't parsed or tested to see if FAW is 100% with with those.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
03-07-2012, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Which brings the question of whether or not the recent beam accuracy changes actually went into effect or if that adjustment has been rolled back by whatever messed FAW up again? Ninety seven percent accuracy from unbuffed beams on a target that is reported to be near 100% defends doesn't sound right. Also, even though there is only 3% difference between a buffed and unbuffed beam I would think the added shots from FAW might make a significant enough difference to be considered worse.

I know my Dual Beams seem to have plenty of misses (they sure don't appear to be 97% accurate) but I haven't parsed or tested to see if FAW is 100% with with those.
No this isn't at all what i've said. I said Faw never miss, beams miss depending on defense.. This is from a match in an arena. I dont really know the defense values of the opponents.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
03-07-2012, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundiata

Current FAW is not Old FAW which was both accurate, hard hitting and long lasting. I'm not a math head but hasn't the duration of all the FAWs been drastically reduced and I'm fairly certain Old FAW's damage was nerfed as well to make current FAW?
The current FAW gets boosted by Tet Glider (supposed to be nerfed, but beam accuracy was supposed to be fixed already as well). APB stacks again, so I don't see how this is any weaker.

Go ahead and use it. I just use Plas leech console as a counter. If it's really bad (ams psw torps) I'll change Boff layout to go 2x EWP and 1x Theta. I rarely do it, but if people are going to spam annoying broken crap I'm fine w/playing in kind.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
03-07-2012, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Which brings the question of whether or not the recent beam accuracy changes actually went into effect
Some of you may remember my "the sky is falling" thread with regards to beam accuracy. Well, it turned out that my test that did indeed show the sky falling wasn't representative of the real world pvp situation.

Accuracy, at least for beam arrays, now depends heavily on the distance between player and target. In the situation I tested (which means lots of variables that may be different for others, like speed, traits, etc.) it was nearly 100% at <1km and less than 60% at nearly 10km.

The formulas the cryptic fed us with regards to accuracy have always been useless since they never accounted for the array/dbb/cannon difference. And now there is a range-dependence in it that nobody at cyptic has ever publically mentioned.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
03-07-2012, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundiata
Abandoning FAW also doesn't make sense when one considers the spam currently in game. Ignoring scorpion fighters and tudoj fighters which I couldn't care less about. Tachyon Drones as well as healing pods are legitimate problems and threats in pvp.

Expecting cruisers to individually target them seem unrealistic and hurtful to Fed teams.
On my scie ships and cruisers, I have it set that i don't need to be targetting something to shoot it, I just shoot the nearest thing on my screen at the time. Set auto fire to never cancel or something (I don't remember the exact set up) and I literal just hit space bar once and my beams will just fire away while I go about healing, extending etc. When the action isn't too intense I can still focus fire when I need to. I fooled around with FAW my on Tac excel, but I've never (at least in recent memory) run it on my Eng Cruisers.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
03-07-2012, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorena
No this isn't at all what i've said. I said Faw never miss, beams miss depending on defense.. This is from a match in an arena. I dont really know the defense values of the opponents.
Hey, I was asking for clarification and asking questions based on what I saw in that link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
Some of you may remember my "the sky is falling" thread with regards to beam accuracy. Well, it turned out that my test that did indeed show the sky falling wasn't representative of the real world pvp situation.

Accuracy, at least for beam arrays, now depends heavily on the distance between player and target. In the situation I tested (which means lots of variables that may be different for others, like speed, traits, etc.) it was nearly 100% at <1km and less than 60% at nearly 10km.

The formulas the cryptic fed us with regards to accuracy have always been useless since they never accounted for the array/dbb/cannon difference. And now there is a range-dependence in it that nobody at cyptic has ever publically mentioned.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
03-07-2012, 09:53 PM
skrubz ftw (Dubstep is OP)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
03-08-2012, 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorena
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/1...evermisses.png

never miss never even if your oppoent have more then 100 defense..
So the difference between FAW and regular beam attacks is ~3% ??

That screenshot shows your beam arrays hitting at 97.11%
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
03-08-2012, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seussified View Post
So the difference between FAW and regular beam attacks is ~3% ??

That screenshot shows your beam arrays hitting at 97.11%
That is correct sir,
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
03-08-2012, 02:17 AM
Is it possible that FAW is fine, but beam arrays are bugged?

If beam arrays are hitting at a BASE 97% accuracy, without FAW... of course FAW is going to put them at 100%.

If beams were hitting (without faw) at more like 75%, maybe FAW would be more like a 95-99% thing.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:01 PM.