Lt. Commander
# 11
03-07-2012, 01:38 PM
Sorry but jem hadar boffs and sets and now now duty officers with vortas etc. Cryptic you do realise my ship is a fed or klingon ship yeah? lol.

Federation has over 300 races in it and you do doffs which should be impossible to be on my crew?

Strange...
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-07-2012, 01:40 PM
There are a few questions.

1. Are the assignments open for everyone?
2. Do we NEED the DoFFs from the store to do them?
3. Are those missions only using the new traits which only the store DoFFs have or are they just criticals?
4. Do those DoFFs have new skill enhancing buffs?

Especially if Nr. 4 is not the case I'll pass on this...I need my DoFFs to boost my gameplay and not to run around.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-07-2012, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
We'll be playing for 10 minutes instead of 3?

Please stop using the dev blog as advirtising spam Crpytic...
I am not a big fan of the Doff system, and the DevPost is just promoting a new C-Store addition. Do people actually buy Doff packs LOL? The system needs to be much more interactive rather than a tick-and-flick spreadsheet system.

My 5min Doffing is as follows ....
  • Open Doff window
  • commence rapid-clicking to fill up assignments
  • Close Doff window

It does not interest me enough to even read the assignments, or Doff descriptions, I just watch the pie chart colours change :p
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-07-2012, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectual View Post
These are one of the races indigenious to the Gamma Quadrant, which were canonly mentioned in Star Trek.
I know they are all gamma quadrant races but ive never heard of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-El
I suspect they mean Paradan.
that must be it then. must have been a typo.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Paradan
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-07-2012, 01:52 PM
I'm actually not sure who the Ferasans are. The name sounds familiar, but I can't find a reference...
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-07-2012, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldo-Raine
This = huge P2w money grab, especially if the new consoles only come through mission that only playable with the c-store doffs

Although my initial reaction was that you would need to pay for a DOFF package to play the new mission content that they're making available, I've changed my opinion after giving it some thought.

220 Cryptic points is easily attainable through dilithium to C-Store point conversion for anyone who plays the game on even a semi-regular basis. Also, they seem to suggest that recruitment missions will also provide you with these DOFFs.

If a player wants instant gratification by buying ten cadres without spending much time playing, that option is open to them, but it's not necessary, therefore my opinion is that it's not as money grabby as it seems up-front.

I expect that all content in the future will have some tie back to the C-Store, as this seems to be the method that Cryptic is choosing to use to implement their Free to Play model. The change in the way content is being rolled out, primarily through the C-Store is a difficult transition for some of us long term players to make, but that's the way it's going to be. It doesn't make much sense, afterall, for a company to change their entire business model, while still rolling out the game the old way.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-07-2012, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
I know they are all gamma quadrant races but ive never heard of them.

that must be it then. must have been a typo.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Paradan
Fixed! Thank you

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-07-2012, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-El
I'm actually not sure who the Ferasans are. The name sounds familiar, but I can't find a reference...
they are meant to be the evil caitians or something. i think they are pretty much made up just for STO unless they appeared in a book or something.
Lt. Commander
# 19
The duty officers are of little consequence... However this talk of MkXII Consoles intrigues me.
Lt. Commander
# 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectual View Post
One thing that hasn't been specificed. But I will assume that the new Doff Pack will cost 220 Cpoints?
Did you not read the article? It states they will cost 220 Cpoints.