Lt. Commander
# 51
03-07-2012, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the clarification, Heretic! I'm looking forward to trying those new missions.
Lt. Commander
# 52
03-07-2012, 07:11 PM
Ah, I also see the Calendar is now a Coming Soon with dates removed. Probably for the best, really.
Lt. Commander
# 53
03-07-2012, 07:35 PM
Meh, this isn't an expansion as the title suggests, so i'll pass on yet another cash grab thanks...
Lt. Commander
# 54
03-07-2012, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkthunder View Post
So, when I hear the term "Expansion", I tend to think of actual mission content expansion, new areas to explore, new races to meet/fight, that sort of thing.

But in this case, the "Duty Officer Expansion", is nothing more than an attempt to grab some extra cash from people who otherwise haven't spent much on the previous "Officer Cadre" packs. Furthermore, making the purchase of the new pack a REQUIREMENT if you want access to Mark XII Rare and Epic consoles.

Good job Cryptic. Reeeallly...
In this case, they're using term like "Card Game Expansion" as they basically see the DOffs as a collectible cardgame like Magic the Gathering.
Lt. Commander
# 55
03-07-2012, 09:58 PM
Not interested in this... next.
Lt. Commander
# 56
03-07-2012, 10:57 PM
Does this mean that we will soon be able to purchase these species as playable captains.

It seems crazy that I can have a Cardassian vessel entirely crewed by Cardassian Doffs and yet my Captain remains an Alien who just looks a lot like a Cardassian lacking the resolve trait.
Lt. Commander
# 57
03-07-2012, 11:14 PM
It all sounds great.

Lt. Commander
# 58
03-07-2012, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
In this case, they're using term like "Card Game Expansion" as they basically see the DOffs as a collectible cardgame like Magic the Gathering.
Well, silly me for thinking the "Duty Officer Expansion" had anything to do with getting your "First Officer", or converting DOffs to BOffs or vice versa. You know, as has been suggested in the past that they had intended to do "at some point".
Lt. Commander
# 59
03-07-2012, 11:28 PM
Looking over the KDF listing of species, what species is "Hunter"? Some vague reference to Hirogen? There are lots of species that are a more traditional hunter-gatherer type but my trek-fu fails me I don't remember one specifically called Hunter

*edit* Doing some research if they are referring to the Hunters from the same episode as the Tosk, it should be noted that Hunter was never confirmed to be the name of their species.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memory Alpha
Like the designation "Tosk", it is not known whether the species name was "Hunter", or whether this was an indication of their job, or even their class or rank on their homeworld. However, a pre-production sketch of an original design for the Hunters in The Making of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine indicates that the species is called the Drai.
So.. are we rewriting canon or just bending it to a generic term?
Lt. Commander
# 60
03-08-2012, 02:03 AM
This news post got me all excited.