Lt. Commander
I just submitted a bug report on this: ticket ID #1,252,551.

The background lights in AT seem to flicker during any movement and in a not-uniform way. There's shifts between normal background and what appears to be a blue-silvery overlay, but it's happening very oddly and is extremely jarring when the ship is moving.

This does not happen in any other sector- only Alpha Trianguli.

I'm running windows xp, DX9, and an nVidia 9800 GTX OC+ graphics card.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...ningglitch.png

EDIT: Also, while you're at it, you may *really* want to fix the sector sign from Alpha Tri to Sirius, as despite multiple bug reports and posting in a thread where you asked to report on any appearances of it, it still says KLINGON instead of Sirius Sector Block like it should.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-11-2012, 09:22 AM
Have you messed with the in game settings too se if it will go away.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-11-2012, 10:32 AM
I noticed this exact same problem this morning as I was passing through all the Cardassian sectors on that "See the Universe" challenge event. It almost looks like z-fighting or an alpha-sorting glitch in the milky textures that make up the backdrop. I almost thought it was my video card failing, but then I noticed it was only happening in that one sector.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-08-2012, 01:02 PM
Ahh, I thought I was the only one having this problem.

It looks like the skybox texture is having some kind of overlap with another texture, so little triangles of the textures flash constantly as you move. It's very distracting.