Lt. Commander
# 1 Energy credit transfers
03-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Energy credit transfers

I seem to remember hearing that there was a time when we could transfer energy credits from one character to another or to another player. Is that still possible?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-07-2012, 03:34 PM
The only way to transfer energy credits is to use the Exchange to Sell / Buy between characters.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-07-2012, 03:36 PM
Its never been possible as far as I know. Ppl have had to post items on the exchange and have an ALT buy them to transfer EC.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-07-2012, 04:00 PM
You CAN transfer EC from one player to another PLAYER. Just open the trade window, and add in the EC. However, you cannot transfer EC from one character to another on the same account directly. You have to either:

1) Have a trusted friend be an intermediary. You give to your friend. Logout/login with other character. Friend transfers EC back to you.

2) Sell a common item (like small hypo) for an odd number of EC (like 1,356,223). Make sure it comes up when you search for it. Logout/login with other character and buy the item. EC gets "transferred" to the first character.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-07-2012, 05:59 PM
Or thanks to f2p you could open a 2nd account to transfer up to 10m between your chars/accounts without risk.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-07-2012, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
You CAN transfer EC from one player to another PLAYER. Just open the trade window, and add in the EC. However, you cannot transfer EC from one character to another on the same account directly. You have to either:

1) Have a trusted friend be an intermediary. You give to your friend. Logout/login with other character. Friend transfers EC back to you.

2) Sell a common item (like small hypo) for an odd number of EC (like 1,356,223). Make sure it comes up when you search for it. Logout/login with other character and buy the item. EC gets "transferred" to the first character.
Thanks guys
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-08-2012, 12:51 AM
OR you can deposit the EC in your fleet bank with one char and withdrawl it with another.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-19-2012, 06:28 AM
If you are willing to settle for a small %age loss, there's a good way to do this.

Buy the cheapest key you can from the exchange with the toon you have that has the EC
Mail the key to your own handle (for me it's @thenewteddy) without putting a character name prior to the handle (use the mail room, not the icon)
Go back to the exchange and sell the key at a discount. If you put it a good 5% below the going rate, usually someone will snap it up within minutes.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-19-2012, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewteddy
If you are willing to settle for a small %age loss, there's a good way to do this.
But why settle for a small % lose??? Nothing prevents characters from selling to each other low demand items with a 'unique' price on the Exchange....

(I use mid-grade Tribbles for this very purpose myself...)
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-21-2012, 01:00 AM
Also if said characters are within the same fleet and it happens to be one you created and or you're high enough rank in said fleet to have Bank access to the Fleet Bank EC then you can use the Fleet bank to transfer EC between chars as well.