Lt. Commander
# 1 GameClient Crash
03-07-2012, 02:44 PM
Hi all, I've seen a lot of threads about client crashes but mine seems a little different. Over the last week my game has been crashing a lot, first the screen will lock up while playing and I can't do anything except Alt+Tab to the desktop. From here I can see a Cryptic Debug window and an error message saying "Unable to find required game data files" which I assume is causing the crash.

I have already tried reinstalling the game twice but still have this problem. Other things I've tried are force verifying files, launching in safe mode, deleting just the Hogg files, and uninstalling then reinstalling graphic card and audio drivers, but nothing has helped. I find that after I've reinstalled the game I can usually play for a few days without any problems but eventually the crash will happen. I have also tried disabling on-demand patching.

Here's a screenshot of the error and the debug window: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/706/stoerror.jpg/

My system is only a year old and I've never had problems with the game until now, even with all graphic options on max settings. If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it!