Lt. Commander
# 21
03-09-2012, 09:19 AM
[Edit]
Sorry, I thought this was the STOL patch thread, I posted in this one by mistake. [/edit]

I have not got the graphics glitches, but my FPS have dropped from 60 to 15 with the Thursday patch. In fact, I get so much stuttering and FPS drops that the game is unplayable.

The game played fine, even on high settings until the patch. I won't start a new thread, as it seems it might be related to this one. So I'll hope for a fix soon.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-09-2012, 09:47 AM
From what I've read sofar, I'm the only one NOT having problems with my ATI card, and I just updated this morning.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-09-2012, 12:51 PM
Just as a note, I fixed my problem. A roll back to "Patch Tuesday" seems to have fixed my system. As the game is the same, it only leaves either Windows updates or AMD driver updates that could be the conflict. As said, my symptoms were just dreadful FPS. But my system is AMD Phenom ii, ATI4870 and Windows 7 64bit.
Lt. Commander
well i updated to the 12.2/3 drivers for my 5850hd, on holodeck i didn't have any issues.

i did have issues when i went on tribble, same graphics corruption as in the screenies posted.
went into video options turned on dx11 beta, cause hadn't turned it on on tribble. graphic problem cleared up.

i'm runnin' an xfx 5850hd xxx black edition card, windows 7 home prem 64bit, 4gb dominator ddr2 ram, phenom II x4 965 BE 3.4 gig.

so on my end it seemed to be not having dx11 beta active that was causing it.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-09-2012, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperious-spaced-one

so on my end it seemed to be not having dx11 beta active that was causing it.

Wait, its not a problem if DX11 is enabled?!

Time to test!

I reported this issue to AMD as well, I have no clue if they got the message however.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-10-2012, 07:36 AM
At least you are able to play, I too am getting corruption but in my case it crashes the game. There is a thread on it and still no solution has been found.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...=249567&page=3
My Issue

There has been many claims to fixing this and this is not the first of these types of post, in the end I have found most of the so called fixes are a short term fix , normally people say revert to an old driver, disable firewall, delete hogg files, force verify files from launcher, disable on demanding patching from the launcher. Some of those are short time solutions but non of them is a long term resolution.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-10-2012, 10:21 AM
I have just come across the same bug myself now. After not seeing this bug as reported, and rolling back to old drivers just in case, I now (out of the blue) have the bug.

The game plays fine most of the time. Occasionally though, everything goes like in those screen shots, then crashes.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-10-2012, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesinthedark View Post
revert back to 12.1 and disable the auto updater for your ATI/AMD graphics card and bam problem fixed

One should hardly consider the overall issue as "fixed" using this method. This is, at best, a poor temporary solution to maintain full graphics capability.

In my case 12.2 addressed a lot of issues I was having performance-wise with BF3. I can not roll back.

There needs to be a very expeditious fix for this problem.

I booted up the game today, eager to play the episode. Loading the game and seeing all of that mess really frustrated and disappointed me. It took a little something away from that anticipation i had.

Just sayin'.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-10-2012, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DramaLlama2010
At least you are able to play, I too am getting corruption but in my case it crashes the game. There is a thread on it and still no solution has been found.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...=249567&page=3
My Issue

There has been many claims to fixing this and this is not the first of these types of post, in the end I have found most of the so called fixes are a short term fix , normally people say revert to an old driver, disable firewall, delete hogg files, force verify files from launcher, disable on demanding patching from the launcher. Some of those are short time solutions but non of them is a long term resolution.
^ 100% this.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-11-2012, 09:21 PM
I can confirm that the "blocky" graphic bug was caused by upgrading ATI's Catalyst version from 12.1 to 12.2 on my computer, since it's the only thing I changed. I was running the game in DX9, changed it to DX11 and the bug is gone.

As a side note, the exact same bug also appeared in Skyrim, which i can't switch to DX11, so i'll either disable AA like mentioned in this thread...or downgrade back to 12.1