Lt. Commander
# 1 We need a moral codex for STF
05-30-2012, 05:09 AM
Hi. I write this as a long time player who is part of the STO family since open beta. I just finished the STF Khitomer accord ground and you wont believe what happened. A player and me got killed before we finish4ed the final boss. Instead of waiting or helping us the other players just killed the boss, got their rewards and left the instance.

PEOPLE THIS IS ********!!!!

Before this I did cure space. I told a guy hundreds of time to NOT DESTROY THE CUBES before all nanites were gone, but he did not listen. So he ruined the mission.

Yesterday I left an instance because all four players left me behind instead of helping me.

So guys we need a moral codex. In old days your team was not random. Most of the times you knew your temmates. You could count on them!!! They did not leave you behind. They did not leave the instance before ALL players got their rewards.

It seems that many new players are just egoist. They behaive like Gollum. "My MK XII item!!!"

People you are crazy. Please leave this game. You ruin it with your presence.

PLEASE PLEASE LEAVE!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-30-2012, 05:12 AM
Before I joined STO, I belived in ethics and morals... But expirience has taught me better in so many ways.

There is no such thing as ethics online...
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-30-2012, 05:18 AM
And what is stopping you from finding 4 other players to group with and NOT do the pick up group thing??
Lt. Commander
# 4 Got Fleet
05-30-2012, 05:18 AM
Random is Random

Fleet - people you can trust, no one is going to support your request when a solution is already in place.

It's called Fleets not matter if you like them or not.

Personally Im happy with my fleet as our focus is Elite STFs and most of us have our drops and we all have the accolades.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-30-2012, 05:35 AM
I've always thought that people who leave simply because the optional is not obtained are some of the biggest idiots on the game. They'd screw their teamates over because they lost the "chance" of getting a "chance" at salvage. Stupid doesn't even begin to describe it.

But not everyone wants to join a fleet and if they are in one sometimes there's not enough people online at the time or wanting to do an STF. I do agree that it is a great solution to do it with fleetmates when possible, but when people simply say "just don't PUG" as if it's a cure-all, I can't help but feel they're pretty damned idiotic in their own rights. It hasn't happened yet in this thread, but I see them coming.

As far as courtesy, Welcome to the Internet. It really does suck, but it's just the way it is. If you're open to the idea of a fleet as suggested earlier, I'll second that. You can stick to people you know and turn off Zone chat which is rather useless anyways except for the occasional lulz.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-30-2012, 05:39 AM
What makes you qualified to tell people what to do? I mean yeah, working for a common goal and executing a plan are part of the game but most people I've met are perfectly capable of basic teamwork on their own and people raging and yelling at people telling them what to do are generally wrong or at best just really annoying and ruining my mood.

Also just throwing a fit and leaving because you're being left behind is a pretty ****** thing to do when you can easily respawn and walk back to the fight. Most people insist on being res'ed just a couple of steps from the respawn point and that mostly gets them ignored.

So unless you're hand picking your team or paying them you have no right to rage at people or make more than suggestions and people can and probably will ignore those.

Edit: Everybody can play the way they like to play as long as it's not against the rules, even those people showing up for an STF in their TOS Connie, even if it's a ****** thing to do. Mostly though people are properly equipped and perfectly able to complete the mission they joined.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-30-2012, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mc_Douglas
Hi. I write this as a long time player who is part of the STO family since open beta. I just finished the STF Khitomer accord ground and you wont believe what happened. A player and me got killed before we finish4ed the final boss. Instead of waiting or helping us the other players just killed the boss, got their rewards and left the instance.

PEOPLE THIS IS ********!!!!

Before this I did cure space. I told a guy hundreds of time to NOT DESTROY THE CUBES before all nanites were gone, but he did not listen. So he ruined the mission.

Yesterday I left an instance because all four players left me behind instead of helping me.

So guys we need a moral codex. In old days your team was not random. Most of the times you knew your temmates. You could count on them!!! They did not leave you behind. They did not leave the instance before ALL players got their rewards.

It seems that many new players are just egoist. They behaive like Gollum. "My MK XII item!!!"

People you are crazy. Please leave this game. You ruin it with your presence.

PLEASE PLEASE LEAVE!!!!
how did them killing the boss and leaving stop you from picking up your rewards at the end.
its happened to me and its never stop me from getting my stuff.
Dont you think your over reacting a little, the only time i have ever used those dumb little tactics people use in stf is when i am flying with noobs.
Mayby you need to fit your ship a little better then you wont need them.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-30-2012, 06:06 AM
This codex wouldn't have to be a long one. Just one rule:

Join the "EliteSTF" channel and pug with the other people in it who know what they're doing. I've completed all the elites many times by using that channel and very rarely lose the optional.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-30-2012, 10:17 AM
Let there be Ten commandments

1 Thou shalt not use the word NOOB nor any varient there of lest thy tongue be coated in wax and thy keyboard dipped in honey

2 Thou shalt not zero (blow something up while someone is stood right next to it) Lest thy internal organs be fed to the Kazon

3 Thou shalt not queue for a STF if thy lunch (or other meal) will be ready in less than one hour

4 Thou shalt not "NEED" an Item you have two of.

5 Thou shalt not give ORDERS to others unless you are chosen to lead BEFORE the mission

6 Thou shalt not use voice chat unless EVERYONE has it and most especially not to shout "MAN DOWN" every time someone gets hit

7 if Thou art struck down thou shall call for help in ENGLISH unless everyone speaks your language and shall not complain if people can't find you when you do not give a location.

8 if the optional be failed thou shalt Say "oh what the hell" and continue cheerfully

9 If thou does not Like thy team and can not work with them tell them at the START of the Run

10 Thou shalt not ***** about losing or failing when it is thine own fault
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-30-2012, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
Let there be Ten commandments

1 Thou shalt not use the word NOOB nor any varient there of lest thy tongue be coated in wax and thy keyboard dipped in honey

2 Thou shalt not zero (blow something up while someone is stood right next to it) Lest thy internal organs be fed to the Kazon

3 Thou shalt not queue for a STF if thy lunch (or other meal) will be ready in less than one hour

4 Thou shalt not "NEED" an Item you have two of.

5 Thou shalt not give ORDERS to others unless you are chosen to lead BEFORE the mission

6 Thou shalt not use voice chat unless EVERYONE has it and most especially not to shout "MAN DOWN" every time someone gets hit

7 if Thou art struck down thou shall call for help in ENGLISH unless everyone speaks your language and shall not complain if people can't find you when you do not give a location.

8 if the optional be failed thou shalt Say "oh what the hell" and continue cheerfully

9 If thou does not Like thy team and can not work with them tell them at the START of the Run

10 Thou shalt not ***** about losing or failing when it is thine own fault
Seconded.

And one must not leave a mission after one has just made the mission harder for everyone else after not listening to everyone else telling them not to blow up something!