Lt. Commander
# 11
05-28-2012, 05:05 AM
Quote:
new bug i noticed it tonight i clicked on item need or greed never came up
what was the item, were you alone or in a grp...did all other members in the grp leave before you opened it?
not enough information to file a bug report.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-28-2012, 11:41 AM
the best approach is the one you can see in diablo 3, there is no need/greed
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-28-2012, 12:49 PM
So ordinarily on the optional loot, 3 of the 5 in the team gets one item only? I have had where I needed all the optionals as did everyone else and got all three items and again getting two items, though on both occasions it wasn't any tech or salvage. I have yet to receive any tech or salvage on the optional roll.

What I don't understand is why they chose to only offer 3 items and not 5? IMO, the entire 5-man team deserves at least one item a piece if they complete the optional. It is a team effort after all.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-29-2012, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebinu View Post
the best approach is the one you can see in diablo 3, there is no need/greed
LOOOOOOOOOL i dont think we need anything from that fail game
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-29-2012, 03:15 AM
Quote:
you have an odd imagination of what a fail game, but i get it that you don't like it.
Fact is, that the private lootbag you get in sft's is just the same thing as in diablo 3.

and there is sooo much cryptic could take from Blizzard for PVP example or how to build endgame content and story telling.
But thats my opinion, and i'm pretty sure you will disagree.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-01-2012, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisDK View Post
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL i think we do...
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-01-2012, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudl View Post
1.) if somebody leaves without rolling...the rest have to wait until the timer is out.
2.) if somebody rolled...and left he may still win the roll, but never get it...and nobody will get it.
3.) if somebody thinks he is smart and waits until the end to roll, and others already left. he may still lose the roll and the loot stays in the box.

if you practice one of the 3 mentioned above, i welcome you to my ignore list because thats just ignorant to do when playing with other people.

and also all 3 of the above may have happened to cause what has happend to the OP. I doubt it to be a BUG, just an inconvenience of the looting system, which needs improvement to eliminate ignorant behaviour of certain individuals.

if you leave, you are out of the roll...if you rolled and left before rolling ended, loot needs to go to the second highest, and nobody should be able to leave until all loot is rolled for.
Good Information. These are the small tidbits that new players to STF "NEED TO KNOW" from the experienced players. I have gotten my loot and left early; mainly because I didn't know this simple fact. I will comply and stay in the instance longer from now on.

And who knows, maybe Cryptic will start taking the lost loot and placing them in lock boxes.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-04-2012, 03:29 PM
I still think I'm seeing a bug and I've seen this happen pretty frequently.

We get the secondary objective, but there is no roll. There is no item icon sitting in the normal loot location.

What I'm talking about here is the lack of loot roll altogether. And on at least one instance, all three items have dropped into my inventory (I was the only team member to see the roll option). All team members were present in the zone.

*I've also seen where players try to get clever with the rolls; and I've seen items go to waste after someone leaves after rolling (often nobody gets the items). These are different conditions.