Lt. Commander
# 11
03-08-2012, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
its almost like there is a stigma around sci-fi tv shows that people dont want to watch them, yet they will go to the cinema to see virtually the same thing.
It's a game of dollars. Jurassic Park was two hours of dinosaurs eating people and people afraid of being eaten by dinosaurs. Its budget could feed a mid sized continent and the studio directly reaped money for every view. Terra Nova would have blown its whole season's budget on a couple episodes if it kept up the same pace, and doesn't directly extract money from viewer wallets.

Imagine if Michael Bay's Transformers movies were on a TV budget. You'd have six episodes alternating between Bumblebee trying to fit in with the other cars, Sam trying to get laid, and Optimus Prime saying impressive things, then one episode of explosions and giant robot carnage and awesome, then next episode Sam meets a new girl and the only Transformer we see is Bumblebee parked by the curb outside.

How many people would tune in every Thursday to watch that? Now how many would want to watch two solid hours of that one awesome episode?
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-08-2012, 08:40 AM
Darn it. I really liked this show
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-08-2012, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
True. But this one I didn't see coming:

Netflix May Save Terra Nova
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-08-2012, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thutmosis
Well it was on FOX .... (do I have to say more)

with all that reality TV etc etc ... thats probably the most likely Sci-Fi, thats gonna happen :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBvIweCIgwk
Nope, your bias is clear enough.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-08-2012, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
I wouldn't call it a bias. Fox has a long history of mangling quality or popular television shows. Heh.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-08-2012, 09:53 AM
Brannon Braga now 0 for 2 after leaving Star Trek. Can't say I'm surprised.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-08-2012, 10:58 AM
Maybe I'm overthinking it but...

Why would they go back time. Wasn't there kind of a danger of upsetting the evolutionary process by being there and introducing "new" viruses and things to the ecosystem.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-08-2012, 11:02 AM
And there goes my Shelley Conn fix
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-08-2012, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuboyT View Post

Why would they go back time. Wasn't there kind of a danger of upsetting the evolutionary process by being there and introducing "new" viruses and things to the ecosystem.
All things considered, it'd still be preferable to what they left. And if they unleashed a plague, all the better - they wouldn't be the ones suffering from it. Those sorts of things tend to hit the largest animals worst, especially carnivores. Drive a few of the bigger annoyances to extinction, import some more familiar livestock, and continue preemptively wrecking the planet all over again.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-08-2012, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
I wouldn't call it a bias. Fox has a long history of mangling quality or popular television shows. Heh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLqyLmyG3F4 nothing more to say here

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuboyT View Post

The series is initially set in 2149, a time when overpopulation and declining air quality worldwide threatens all life on Earth. After scientists discover a rift in spacetime, they begin sending people in a series of "pilgrimages" 85 million years into Earth's Cretaceous past, to a different "time stream"