Lt. Commander
# 21
03-08-2012, 11:29 AM
Fox did railroad Firefly. A decision that still sticks to Fox like a fly on...well, you know what I mean.

Terra Nova certainly had its share of uneven writing. But I have never seen a freshman season of sci-fi TV that didn't. Of course, a network would cancel a production just as it gets interesting. I hope another network does take it under wing.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-08-2012, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
All things considered, it'd still be preferable to what they left. And if they unleashed a plague, all the better - they wouldn't be the ones suffering from it. Those sorts of things tend to hit the largest animals worst, especially carnivores. Drive a few of the bigger annoyances to extinction, import some more familiar livestock, and continue preemptively wrecking the planet all over again.
No, I mean if you killed one of the early mammal species that would eventually give way to humans. At best you only wipe out humanity, at worst you cause a temporal paradox.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-08-2012, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuboyT View Post
No, I mean if you killed one of the early mammal species that would eventually give way to humans. At best you only wipe out humanity, at worst you cause a temporal paradox.
Said it before .... but ....

Quote:
The series is initially set in 2149, a time when overpopulation and declining air quality worldwide threatens all life on Earth. After scientists discover a rift in spacetime, they begin sending people in a series of "pilgrimages" 85 million years into Earth's Cretaceous past, to a different "time stream"
So basically the parallel universe stuff like with the new Star Trek Movie ....
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-08-2012, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thutmosis
Said it before .... but ....

So basically the parallel universe stuff like with the new Star Trek Movie ....

Oh.... </10char>
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-08-2012, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuboyT View Post
They were 85 million years back. In another 20 million you'd get the asteriod strike that wiped out 99% of the existing species reptile, mamal, or otherwise. So, not really much chance of screwing with evolution in the long rn I suppose.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Some characters in the story made the same assumption. However, they Earth of the past in which they live isn't their Earth. It's an Earth of an alternate timeline. The asteroid strike may never happen at all. In which case a Dinotopia could flourish.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-08-2012, 02:55 PM
Thats the thing these days. Modern sci shows is all about looks etc and less about story telling which is okay for a movie but for a tv series it should be more about storying telling or at least a balance between the both, story telling and looks.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-08-2012, 03:14 PM
Not surprised. Always thought that Berman and Braga always played it too safe, and as a result their shows were a little too lukewarm.

I watched Terra Nova. I wasn't impressed. I honestly don't miss it.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-08-2012, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
Does anyone care? Not like the show was any good.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-08-2012, 03:22 PM
Give us STAR TREK!

its time for trek to come back !