Lt. Commander
# 1 Can I stack Consoles?
03-08-2012, 01:17 AM
Can I stack Consoles?

Basically I want to know with my when I place my Tactical Consoles, if I have two that are the same do they stack (fully or partially) and the same if they are similar.

For example if I am using Photon Torps and I have two Consoles that each give me +12%, do I only get...
A/ 12% (ie no stacking)
B/ 18% (partial stacking)
C/ 24% (stacking)

For similar items, if I use two Tactical Consoles one which gives me +12% Photon damage, and one gives me +12% Kinetic damage, those should stack as well.

The problem is, I do not know where to look to see how my ships statistics change as I place different modules and weapons on it. This should be added in an update. After adding a Console, when you highlight a weapon, it should show you the bonus you are receiving from any consoles or other player-character bonuses.

Maybe this information is available somewhere... but I sure as hell cannot find it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-08-2012, 01:42 AM
Long time mystery there.

Yes you can stack Tactical consoles, they will stack the damage bonus.

They, however, add the bonus to the "base damage" of each weapon individually. You need an unskilled captain flying the ship in system space with 50 weapon power to come close to finding this mystery "base damage" number.

This is only for tac consoles.
There are some consoles of other types that do not stack.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-08-2012, 01:46 AM
Thanks...

Now I know I havent been running around with 3 Plasma Consoles for no good reason!
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-08-2012, 01:55 AM
There should be a guide of which cunsoles stack and which ones purrtially and which ones don't at all.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-08-2012, 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marika.shran View Post
There should be a guide of which cunsoles stack and which ones purrtially and which ones don't at all.
torpedo consoles are bugged right now, specific type damage boosters arent stacking for some reason. all consoles stack without diminishing returns except the armor consoles. the field generator is the only console that doesn't stack at all.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-08-2012, 04:01 AM
field generator is not the only console that does not stack. The shield recharge boosting console whos name I forgot also does not stack.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-08-2012, 07:56 AM
Borg Console is no longer unique, but also does not stack.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-09-2012, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marika.shran View Post
There is only one console which doesn't stack. It's the Mk XI Field Generator console (+35% Shield Capacity). The +35% is why they don't stack.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-15-2012, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by president******* View Post
Can I stack Consoles?

Basically I want to know with my when I place my Tactical Consoles, if I have two that are the same do they stack (fully or partially) and the same if they are similar.

For example if I am using Photon Torps and I have two Consoles that each give me +12%, do I only get...
A/ 12% (ie no stacking)
B/ 18% (partial stacking)
C/ 24% (stacking)

For similar items, if I use two Tactical Consoles one which gives me +12% Photon damage, and one gives me +12% Kinetic damage, those should stack as well.

The problem is, I do not know where to look to see how my ships statistics change as I place different modules and weapons on it. This should be added in an update. After adding a Console, when you highlight a weapon, it should show you the bonus you are receiving from any consoles or other player-character bonuses.

Maybe this information is available somewhere... but I sure as hell cannot find it.
The base rule is that all consoles stack additively. If you have a +12 and a +18, you get + 30. The Exception is the Field Generator which boost shield capacity; You can only use one of those.

The other Exception is Armor Consoles. +18 does not mean +18% damage resistance, it means +18 armor rating. You add up all your armor rating sources, and then plug that into a formula (which I don't know), that has diminishing returns. The result of this formula is that a low armor rating is roughly equivalent to the the percentage damage reduction you'll see, but higher values drop off rapidly. If I recall correctly, a 100 armor rating gives like 50% Damage Resistance. Lastly, your damage resistance values from armor only reduce hull damage, not shield damage.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-15-2012, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
The base rule is that all consoles stack additively. If you have a +12 and a +18, you get + 30. The Exception is the Field Generator which boost shield capacity; You can only use one of those.

The other Exception is Armor Consoles. +18 does not mean +18% damage resistance, it means +18 armor rating. You add up all your armor rating sources, and then plug that into a formula (which I don't know), that has diminishing returns. The result of this formula is that a low armor rating is roughly equivalent to the the percentage damage reduction you'll see, but higher values drop off rapidly. If I recall correctly, a 100 armor rating gives like 50% Damage Resistance. Lastly, your damage resistance values from armor only reduce hull damage, not shield damage.
Thanks! This is very helpful!