Lt. Commander
# 271
03-11-2012, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhelm View Post
The real question is what's the cost/packaging for these?

Will they be 3 individual ships for around 1600 each?

Will they be 3 ships in one pack but can only have one of the three on your character at a time (I can get the tac but gotta drop to get the Eng, etc) similar to how we can only claim one of certain items and if it's on the character's data file then we can't claim another on that character? But then that would make getting this set bonus to cheap so I'm assuming that's a no.

Since we've gotta but this thing for 20+ dollars and gotta buy it three times if we want the console set could we at least get the Cmdr slot as universal and the Lt.-Cmdr. slot as ENG?
I would think you would be able to get all 3 without the conflicting "already own said ship" since they are technically labeled diferently (else cryptic might have another issue on their hands that they didnt forsee)

And thats what im asking for...the CM slot to be made the universal slot and the LTC to be made the engineer slot..this way each class can truly play the ship out as its "named"

And tbh the ships shouldnt be to much...since that would actually shoot themselves in the foot...if each ship were 10 bucks id consider getting all 3 but if each was 20 no way id get even one (since they are making it more of a moot point to just get the one when all 3 give you even more set awesomeness)
And i really hope this is the only time they do this to a ship...altho...i could see the Vesta going the same route now...
Lt. Commander
# 272
03-11-2012, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosuhno
The boff layout needs revision...each version should have the commander slot reflect that version...so im sitting in my sci cruiser with gw2 tr2 psw2 as my best science skills if i run the ltc universal slot as science.....yeah ook. Please reconsider the boff layout or hell make it all universal.
I made the same exact remark and frankly I doubt it will be the last they hear of it. I doubt many people will see the point in buying 3 of these ships if the ONLY significant difference between them is a console.
Lt. Commander
# 273
03-11-2012, 11:24 PM
So... When you guys make your requests for entirely universal fed ships, does game balance even cross your mind at all....?
Lt. Commander
# 274
03-11-2012, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adondria
So... When you guys make your requests for entirely universal fed ships, does game balance even cross your mind at all....?
Did I miss something, who requested an entirely universal ship?
Lt. Commander
# 275
03-11-2012, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilv View Post
Did I miss something, who requested an entirely universal ship?
You quoted the guy that said it, lol
Lt. Commander
# 276
03-11-2012, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adondria
You quoted the guy that said it, lol
In what post was it said the ship should be completely universal. It was certainly not in the quote I used.
Lt. Commander
# 277
03-12-2012, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainGeko
Here are some updates, typo corrections, as well as answers to some of your questions. As always, all stats are not final, and subject to change at any time.

First, here are some answers to your questions:
  • These ships are not meant to represent new standards in ship stats. No, you will not be able to upgrade your old ships, nor will be making older ships better. These ships are meant to feel powerful, but not replace all existing ships. Their turn rate alone gives them a serious disadvantage. If these ships play out to be too over powered, we will real them back in line.

-geko
Just one question...how do you guys see this ship in comparison to the Galaxy-X? Because they share the same turn rate, the major drawback you list....and the Odyssey's bag of tricks is much, much larger than that of the Galaxy-X. Is the phaser lance and the ability to mount (somewhat uselessly) dual heavy cannons supposed to be compensation for all of the following:
  • The disparity in hull.
  • The disparity in shields.
  • The sub-optimal power settings compared to the Odyssey.
  • The lack of a 10th console slot.
  • The fixed BOff stations as opposed to unversal ones.
  • The ability to get a set bonus from its console powers.

If so, I'm not sure that's really equitable, considering that we are comparing two pay ships here...
Lt. Commander
# 278
03-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainGeko
These new ships have different costume than the base version. The parts are not interchangeable.
BOOO! What's the point of adding a new skin if you can't use it to differentiate yourself from other flagships?
Lt. Commander
# 279
03-12-2012, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlothfulDragoon View Post
Just one question...how do you guys see this ship in comparison to the Galaxy-X? Because they share the same turn rate, the major drawback you list....and the Odyssey's bag of tricks is much, much larger than that of the Galaxy-X. Is the phaser lance and the ability to mount (somewhat uselessly) dual heavy cannons supposed to be compensation for all of the following:
  • The disparity in hull.
  • The disparity in shields.
  • The sub-optimal power settings compared to the Odyssey.
  • The lack of a 10th console slot.
  • The fixed BOff stations as opposed to unversal ones.
  • The ability to get a set bonus from its console powers.

If so, I'm not sure that's really equitable, considering that we are comparing two pay ships here...
Oddly enough I thought that the upcoming "Galaxy Ship Pack" might offer a console set bonus based on the three Galaxy variants and their "special" abilities that we currently have: Galaxy-X (Tac); standard Galaxy-class (Eng); and Venture-class (Sci).
Lt. Commander
# 280
03-12-2012, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amosov
Oddly enough I thought that the upcoming "Galaxy Ship Pack" might offer a console set bonus based on the three Galaxy variants and their "special" abilities that we currently have: Galaxy-X (Tac); standard Galaxy-class (Eng); and Venture-class (Sci).
I thought the same thing, strangely enough ... and expect other packs to follow.