Lt. Commander
# 281
03-12-2012, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amosov
Oddly enough I thought that the upcoming "Galaxy Ship Pack" might offer a console set bonus based on the three Galaxy variants and their "special" abilities that we currently have: Galaxy-X (Tac); standard Galaxy-class (Eng); and Venture-class (Sci).
I suspect this a strong possibility.
Lt. Commander
# 282
03-13-2012, 01:16 PM
These ships are the most greedy that Cryptic has ever been. It's disgusting.
Lt. Commander
# 283
03-13-2012, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrockduck View Post
These ships are the most greedy that Cryptic has ever been. It's disgusting.
How can you know if they're greedy or not when we don't even know what the price is?
Lt. Commander
# 284
03-13-2012, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
How can you know if they're greedy or not when we don't even know what the price is?
We know it's either gonna be $20 or $25 per ship based on the price of other top tier ships. $60-75 for 3 consoles is ridiculous and is pure pay-to-win. I'm glad I don't PvP or I'd be far more upset about this.

I suppose there's a small chance they'll be a more reasonable price, like $10 a piece, but with PWE/Cryptic's current string of cash grab tactics, like all the chance/lock boxes, I doubt they'll stop here and not charge full price for each ship.
Lt. Commander
# 285
03-13-2012, 01:48 PM
Quote:
We know it's either gonna be $20 or $25 per ship based on the price of other top tier ships. $60-75 for 3 consoles is ridiculous and is pure pay-to-win. I'm glad I don't PvP or I'd be far more upset about this.

I suppose there's a small chance they'll be a more reasonable price, like $10 a piece, but with PWE/Cryptic's current string of cash grab tactics, like all the chance/lock boxes, I doubt they'll stop here and not charge full price for each ship.
Having tried all 3 Odyssey on Tribble today, I don't consider them PtW at all; nor do I even plan on buying more then 1 of them.

Of course I've got nearly 6,000 CPs worth of Dilithium saved up so it won't cost me anything. But even then there's no way of knowing we won't be able to just buy the other Odyssey Consoles next month at a much cheaper rate then buying another whole ship.
Lt. Commander
# 286
03-13-2012, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Having tried all 3 Odyssey on Tribble today, I don't consider them PtW at all; nor do I even plan on buying more then 1 of them.

Of course I've got nearly 6,000 CPs worth of Dilithium saved up so it won't cost me anything. But even then there's no way of knowing we won't be able to just buy the other Odyssey Consoles next month at a much cheaper rate then buying another whole ship.
With all the ships that come with consoles, have any of the consoles ever been sold by themselves? I don't think there's any evidence pointing to them doing that, even though it would be the smarter thing to do.
Lt. Commander
# 287
03-13-2012, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdss4 View Post
With all the ships that come with consoles, have any of the consoles ever been sold by themselves?
Has Cryptic ever put out the same ship 3 times before? No.

My point is that you can get yourself all worked up over what you think is going to happen or you can simply wait a couple of more days and find out what is going to happen. It's possible to make yourself crazy even before the crazy virus gets released.
Lt. Commander
# 288
03-13-2012, 02:07 PM
The only way Pay to Win will every really happen is if Cryptic starts selling you guys smarter brains on the C-Store. Smarter players will beat you in a free ship no matter what you buy. Get over it.
Lt. Commander
# 289
03-13-2012, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssey47 View Post
The only way Pay to Win will every really happen is if Cryptic starts selling you guys smarter brains on the C-Store. Smarter players will beat you in a free ship no matter what you buy. Get over it.
Because "dumb" players all buy the best ships and all "smart" players fly the worst ships. Naturally it all evens out.

What happens in your scenario when the "smart" players recognize a superior ship and decides to use the best tool for the job. Now we have a smart player in a superior ship. Perhaps this is the problem people are worried about.
Lt. Commander
# 290
03-13-2012, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Has Cryptic ever put out the same ship 3 times before? No.

My point is that you can get yourself all worked up over what you think is going to happen or you can simply wait a couple of more days and find out what is going to happen. It's possible to make yourself crazy even before the crazy virus gets released.
I'll stick with thinking that the ships will be $25 each until I see otherwise. Same goes with having *just* the console put on the C-Store. I'm not gonna get my hopes up just to be disappointed again.