Lt. Commander
# 11
03-08-2012, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
That sounds like a job for Tumberboy Cerberus. Would you mind helping us Tumberboy by grabbing us a list of all the ships Logan's worked on? I'm sure that info's easily available to people inside Cryptic yes?
That's a question for Logan directly. While I can access files and look up who made/modified them, doing so one by one to thousands of files, just to give you guys a list does not sound like a good time to me.

In addition, there's often lots of grey area. While Logan may have been the only dev to ever touch Ship X, Ship Y may have been made by someone else, but modified or touched up by Logan. What does that count as?

Your best bet for an accurate list would be from Logan directly.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-08-2012, 09:48 AM
CapnLogan,

You have been and always shall be....our friend....
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-08-2012, 09:49 AM
When you hit the STO ship scene, the overall 'canonicity' look of STO ship models across the board improved 100-fold. Good luck and every success in your new position with Bungie; and beyond.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-08-2012, 10:00 AM
Is this appropriate, if said with a smiley?

So long and thanks for all the fish!
And a screenshot of a Star Cruiser (the ship costume variant)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mustrum...n/photostream/
Downloadlink: http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4095/4...5380f8_b_d.jpg

You may use my handle for this video: @MustrumRidcully
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-08-2012, 10:02 AM
You will be missed, I'm sure.

So long and thanks for all the ships!
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-08-2012, 10:29 AM
"For the good times, and the bad times, Good luck in the future Adam - Tim 'Suricata' Davies"

http://www.suricatafx.com/wp-content.../03/lego-2.jpg (Pretty sure Adam will like this one) :-P

You are more than welcome to use my handle

Should definatly have scenes form the ESD spacedock, maybe gather a load of players at the ceremony area in ESD doing a salute or something, or failing that get a group of players on the new Oddessey class bridge (which he made) doing a salute, since it should be out before he leaves. Without stupid party poppers.

I'd suggest using the track 'Enterprising Young men" sicne it has great feeling to it. Maybe getting some fleets of ships together as well for some epic fleet fly-bys, althoguh it would need some organisation and corigraphy to make it look real nice (No silly Borg skins) :-P
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-08-2012, 10:31 AM
I like the idea of getting a bunch of ships together for fly-bys. Nice big cross faction bunch of em would be awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-08-2012, 10:32 AM
"Oh Captain, my Captain..."
Wishing you fair winds and following seas.

@Koppenflak

http://i.imgur.com/4QPzR.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-08-2012, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
I like the idea of getting a bunch of ships together for fly-bys. Nice big cross faction bunch of em would be awesome.
Yeah, thinking of trying to maybe replicate some of the Fleet scenes from DS9 with all the ships from STO spread over a few scenes, would require people in fighters and shuttlesand require people to obviously fly lower teir ships as well.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-08-2012, 10:41 AM
I've been dying for someone to composite two videos together into what amounts to the scenes in TMP or TWoK where a shuttle flies around the Enterprise.

One scene would be a demo record of the flight path, with the camera moving around to simulate some one looking through the windows of the shuttle interior. The map would probably be space around ESD or the interior of ESD, flying around one of the docked ships.

The second scene would be from a shuttle interior, with matching view angles. The scenery is unimportant, because the windows would end up getting blue screen'd out and replaced with the view from the first scene.

I think this would be a fitting tribute for the work that Logan has done for us. A real show case of his ships and impact on Trek.