Lt. Commander
# 41
03-08-2012, 04:25 PM
So the final reward won't be an actual Bajoran Ark with an Orb. Then maybe we could also receive a smaller Orb Shard trophy to place on our starship interior? Something a Captain could place on a desk?
Lt. Commander
# 42
03-08-2012, 04:39 PM
Nice rewards, should be nice against the borgs in STF.

And I like those missions, even the shuttle one or the one with a lot of chat on Bajor. It's more in the spirit of starfleet missions, I'm quite bored of "kill everything on sight".
Lt. Commander
# 43
03-08-2012, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev Blog #29
And did you know that the Episode rewards in Star Trek Online scale depending on your rank? For example, if a Lieutenant 10 plays through "Operation Gamma," he or she can earn a Mk II Jem'Hadar Combat Impulse Engine. Replay that Episode as a Captain 38 and one of the rewards available is a Mk VIII Jem'Hadar Combat Impulse Engine.
Did you know that a Lieutenant 10 is called a Lieutenant Commander 10?

Did you know that the Skill rewards from Second Wave and Of Bajor will make a Lieutenant 9 a Lieutenant Commander 10, so you can't play Operation Gamma as a Lieutenant 9 and get a Mk II Jem'hadar Combat Impulse Engine?
Lt. Commander
# 44 Dev Blog #29
03-08-2012, 05:13 PM
QUOTE: (Try equipping the Jem'Hadar space set on a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship or Cardassian Galor Class Cruiser for an extra bonus!)

Oh right, what a great idea, a bit like saying, try flying to work in your private helicopter you'll get there faster.

So as soon as I win the lottery or manage to save up 850 million EC for a bug ship or win a Galor I'll follow that corking little tip!
Lt. Commander
# 45
03-08-2012, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierrafortune
Cool, hopefully these Quantum Shadows will be useful in fighting Armek, and Simmons!
Have fun getting fried by their lightening attacks chaining through your clones and you.
Seriously, do people still not know what these bosses actually do?

When fighting Armek or Becky, I wouldn't touch the shard for all the targs on Quo'nos.
Lt. Commander
# 46
03-08-2012, 05:19 PM
That's not exactly a new idea. We've known that since Part 3 just from reading the Set Bonus information.

Since it is a 4th bonus item, rather then the stock 3, I don't see it as a big deal. I'm not really going to worry about 1% of the player-base can do that I can't - especially when the STF Sets are better.
Lt. Commander
# 47
03-08-2012, 05:39 PM
So if I understand the thing correctly, this "Shard of Possibilities" will not be available after the 19th, but the Jem'Hadar BOff will be?
Lt. Commander
# 48
03-08-2012, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshmaul
So if I understand the thing correctly, this "Shard of Possibilities" will not be available after the 19th, but the Jem'Hadar BOff will be?
Yep.

Also, I give my self half credit for calling it a long-*** time ago. When it looked like we might get the FE during S4 and not S5, there was reward speculation, and I called a Bajoran orb device. My idea didn't do anything remotely like this, but that's why I only give myself half credit.
Lt. Commander
# 49
03-08-2012, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
Nonetheless, I can probably safely say that that it's a reward I'll find use for. Firing this off when holding the Aggro on someone like Armek or Rebecca Simmons could be a fantastic mitigator.
...Great... now I'm going to have to give up ground STFs for a while, till the kid's figure out that is such a bad idea...

At least we still have KA Ground... these children with their new shiny toys can't screw that one up and wipe the group at least (at least not with the shard...)

Anyway, I do like the rewards, only downside is STFs are just going to be painful for a while with clueless people like that running it... but I'm sure they'll learn... eventually.... after many "Why did we wipe?" "Because you used a shard" occurances...
Lt. Commander
# 50
03-08-2012, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardoc
...Great... now I'm going to have to give up ground STFs for a while, till the kid's figure out that is such a bad idea...
That's uncalled for.