Lt. Commander
# 51
03-08-2012, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorticusCryptic
I can answer a few quick questions on the mechanics of the Shard of Possibilities:

I hope that clarifies its functionality a bit. I'll try and check in to answer more questions if they arise, but I'm actually on vacation right now, so no promises.

Stellar work Jeremy and, geeze, go enjoy your vacation. You are waaaaay too dedicated!!

We won't break things while you're gone...oh...well...except...for...maybe crashing the server, I think my Fleeties and I did that when we tried to launch an STF today.
Lt. Commander
# 52
03-08-2012, 06:11 PM
Hahaha, I love the death resistance on the shield!

Great job Borticus!

"As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives."

(Just a weency bit sad that the hull re-skin won't be available on normal ships, but getting a new material type for every dang ship in the game is, at this point, asking for a lot I know. Getting the Reman to work with every single new hull in every paint job is probably a fairrrr chunk of dev time.)
Lt. Commander
# 53
03-08-2012, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey1980 View Post
Have fun getting fried by their lightening attacks chaining through your clones and you.
Seriously, do people still not know what these bosses actually do?

When fighting Armek or Becky, I wouldn't touch the shard for all the targs on Quo'nos.
Important safety tip right here.
Lt. Commander
# 54
03-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Confused - I thought the set gear was supposed to level as you do? If I am reading correctly that does not appear to be the case.
Lt. Commander
# 55
03-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Lord
Confused - I thought the set gear was supposed to level as you do? If I am reading correctly that does not appear to be the case.
Nope, it never did since the FE launched. All Marks. Did they try levelless on Tribble or something?
Lt. Commander
# 56
03-08-2012, 06:44 PM
I have a question, and Devs, please give me a response:

What rewards from the series will be limited time?
Lt. Commander
# 57
03-08-2012, 07:02 PM
@Bracknynews

They did have levelless gear back in the FE's a long time ago. But the changed it to level banded for reasons I forget. I still have the original TOS Phaser Rifle that has no level or mark on it.
Lt. Commander
# 58
03-08-2012, 07:05 PM
I must applaud you guys, awesome use of mouseovers in that post!
Lt. Commander
# 59
03-08-2012, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Did you know that a Lieutenant 10 is called a Lieutenant Commander 10?

Did you know that the Skill rewards from Second Wave and Of Bajor will make a Lieutenant 9 a Lieutenant Commander 10, so you can't play Operation Gamma as a Lieutenant 9 and get a Mk II Jem'hadar Combat Impulse Engine?
makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Quote:
This rewards is great and totally unexpected.
its not unexpected, a few people already guessed it would be orb related. its not great, its not much more than a copy of something we already have. only instead of two time limited security guards, its two time limited low level versions of you. same thing, different skin and weapon. theres nothing great about that.

Quote:
Why don't you just admit that there is absolutely nothing that Cryptic can do that will ever make you happy?
cryptic could do quite a bit to make me happy. and for awhile they did, then they started coming out with lackluster content, lying to us and nickel and diming us. if they want to do something to make me happy again, stopping those activities would be a very good way to start.

Quote:
If it allows people to tank STF bosses while untargetable it has some niche use there.
isn't that some kind of exploit? I hope it doesn't actually let people do that....
Lt. Commander
# 60
03-08-2012, 09:26 PM
I like the look of the Phased Polaron weapons--I like how we have been getting weapons recently where you can get the proc of two weapon types (the trade-off being the loss of the regular rarity-based weapon enhancements). We now have Phaser-disruptors (formerly Plasma-disruptors), and now Polaron-Tetryons. What next, Antiproton-Plasma? Transphasic-Chroniton torps?