Lt. Commander
# 81
03-11-2012, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
My guess: CBS said "No" to orbs being too common but said "Yes" to everybody getting a piece of an orb.
I guess that makes sense.
Lt. Commander
# 82
03-11-2012, 08:41 PM
i did the misson about a hour ago. on one of my lt's and The Shard of Possibilities. shard cant be used. it says the min.. level is Admiral lower half. so i checked my new Admiral lower half. who did it at captain. and hers says Admiral lower half.

if you look at the limited time mission reward. they are all level less. not counting the bridge officer.

so thats why i am asking if its a mistake or ment to have a level.
Lt. Commander
# 83
03-11-2012, 08:55 PM
Yep. Low level characters can not use it.

Maybe it is supposed to be an incentive to keep playing the game?
Lt. Commander
# 84
03-11-2012, 09:08 PM
then there is a bug. i know for a fact that the Shard of Possibilities cannot be used by any one below Admiral lower half.

as soon as the server come up i try to get a screan shoot of it not letting my low level captain trying to use it.
Lt. Commander
# 85
03-12-2012, 11:35 AM
They fixed the Shard level restrictions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes View Post
•Removed the level requirements on the Shard of Possibilities.
Source: Yesterday's Release Notes (just posted today).

I haven't been in game to confirm myself, but it's good to see the restriction wasn't intentional and has been addressed/fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 86
03-12-2012, 03:37 PM
Well thats good I thought it was pointless with the level restriction
Lt. Commander
# 87
03-12-2012, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakkar View Post
What is the duration and cooldown of this item? And does it do real damage while it's up or more like the Aenar's decoy?

The answers to this question will determine whether I'm trying to get this for every alt or just play normally like I have been.

Of course, without these answers we'll still know Saturday.
The duration is until they die as far as I've seen. Second, the recharge is 10 minutes. And they do damage. They're like you, just without shields. And they have no visual armor or kits, so you can still see the real you.
Lt. Commander
# 88
03-12-2012, 05:40 PM
I suppse they have to do this af it they had armour and shields it will make them harder to kill
Lt. Commander
# 89 Of Shards and Clones
03-20-2012, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi'a Meese
So the final reward won't be an actual Bajoran Ark with an Orb. Then maybe we could also receive a smaller Orb Shard trophy to place on our starship interior? Something a Captain could place on a desk?
I agree! Psi'a Meese, that's a great idea! Sisko had his baseball on his desk, we should get our Shards! Thinking about brings a lot of other desk item ideas to mind, but should be a separate thread.

Between getting a Vorta Duty Officer as part of the Dominion Cadre and Loriss' transition from serious threat to conciliatory ally, i contemplated what a Vorta BOff would/could have been. And decided to give myself one anyway. It's how Loriss deleops through the story that makes her a fascinating character. Cryptic has earned a Gold Star for not throwing another cookie-cutter villain at us, and succeeding in crafting one so dynamic. I both expect and hope to see her again in future stories involving the Dominion. I thoroughly enjoyed her bit about Eraun!

As to how i gave myself the Vorta BOff, a friend helped me to find a rare quality alien female Sci BOff on the exchange for my FED Cpt, and my KDF Cpt had an uncommon one that i hadn't activated yet. My Captains and their BOffs are:
  • Commander Joshua Daniel Sarvour, Captain of the Enterprise-class U.S.S. Akagi NCC-93347. Engineer, human male.
    Lieutenant Loriss 247 Akagi, Science Officer.
  • Captain Devna tai-Sov'vaj, commander of the I.K.V. Most-S'e. Tactical, Klingon/Orion female.
    Lieutenant Loriss 669 Yoc, Science Officer.

I wonder if we'll see an influx of Vorta Captains? i know i've seen plenty of Bajorans and Cadassians...