Lt. Commander
# 121
03-08-2012, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Arbriel
STO doesn't go down daily, in fact apart from scheduled downtime, which does NOT count, STO hasn't crashed in over a week, which I think is pretty good going considering what it used to be like.

Patience is a virtue and I'm certain PWE will be bringing lots of new stuff to STO now that employees are in their appropriate posts following their purchase of Cryptic. Undeniably this caused a great deal of disruption and should be expected for any game foundry/producer that is in any form of transition.

I look forward to continuing my STO fun once the server is back up again.
Let me correct you here. It hasn't crashed while YOU were playing, but if you look in the announcements here, it was down over the weekend. . . for quite some time.
Lt. Commander
# 122
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Alecto
Lt. Commander
# 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by MstSage View Post
It's funny when Atari was running the show with cryptic we didn't have this many problems. Hell we didn't have this many problems till it went free to play. I say invest in better servers or another server. It is a really addicting game, great for casual play but the "Unexpected Downtimes" is scarring people away from subscribing. Please don't be like Sony and DC Universe, They are worse about the downtimes and bugs. But you guys are following in the same path....

On a side not the server status still says Online...
Now it says down...
Lt. Commander
# 124
03-08-2012, 02:59 PM
mhh im am online but cannot transfer to other maps or change outfit.. but i can use skills,,,and speak with peole... wtf?

the thing is.. i m at kdf shipyard...
Lt. Commander
# 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
Here come the "I was almost done with *insert mission name* and now I have to do it again!" complaints...

Ah well, time to eat anyway...
I was almost done clicking on the Exit Game button but the damn server booted me. Now I have to wait hours to have the chance to click on that button again.
Lt. Commander
# 126
This is seriously getting ridiculous and old now, come on allready jeeesh!
Lt. Commander
# 127
I haven't seen these last any shorter than 1 hour and 30 minutes but usually no longer than 2. My prediction: game will be playable at 4:45 pm pacific time I got 100 dil on that time slot, any takers?
Lt. Commander
# 128
Did they trip over the cables again?
Lt. Commander
# 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by pompeo
I can understand occasional downtime, but this is crazy. Its at least a couple times during the week when I play, and who knows what happens when I don't.

You'd think they'd use that extra money to build out capacity or fix whatever problem it is they're having.

We don't know though, because they're notoriously tight lipped about the causes. The level of anger of customers tend to go down when they know whats wrong with their services and they know they're working on fixing it.

I've stopped buying c-store items until I go a full two weeks without seeing unscheduled downtime. It simply isn't worth putting any more money into it.
Agreed, why invest money into something that isnt, reliable... This game has so much potential that just isnt being utilised and the server crashes arnt helping... It appears that the test server and holodeck are effectively the same PC cos soon as one is touched they both end up down...
Lt. Commander
# 130
I finally put down Mass Effect 3 to put some time into STO and this......

I have a feeling Jack missed me and did something.....
Closed Thread