Lt. Commander
# 1351
03-08-2012, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damhave
That doesn't sound right at all...who else has been around during the expected downtime of all other previous STO patches? It shouldn't take this long due to a patch PLUS the initial crash-issue...

I guess now that the patch is already in place we can begin the timer to see how long it'll be for the other 'issue' to be resolved, then do the math of severe crash/log analysis/fix and patch time.
It usually takes a few hours to do the maint/patch anyway so i dont see why everyone is so uptite about it.
Lt. Commander
# 1352 we want our free stuff
As this has been an ongoing issue with the game and with the service we have received in the game we should at least get something for our troubles. A free galor, one of the new duty officer packs, or like 400 c points.

If WoW or any other game had this issue they would at least give something to their players to show that they care. EvE online had a meltdown one time and it was offline for like 3 days and the company gave every person that had an account free skill points as a way of saying "sorry our bad" I mean really, if I got service like this at dinner i would at least get money off of my bill or maybe even a free dinner ticket.

The point is we should get something not just told "oops sorry live with it"
Lt. Commander
# 1353 Ugh...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphie57
That is pretty cool info there. I guess the thing about the Myan calander should shut up all those gloom and doom people predicting the end of rhe world in December
Sigh... The Months (as we know them) didn't exist when the Mayan calendar was created....
Lt. Commander
# 1354
How much longer I need to know I am having STO withdraws.
Lt. Commander
# 1355
Seems it is back up now
Lt. Commander
# 1356
I kinda hate downtimes because then I have a sad tendency to go post things I tend to regret on non-maintenance topics.

This however did give me some time to catch up on folding some laundry and some of my other things I needed to clean/get done
Lt. Commander
# 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenofup
you know its excuses like that that "Techies" use all the time. It is like maintenance men. Fix it. give an estimate, you have to have an idea, right? you went to school? I meen give me enough time and I could figure it out. And yes I have dealt with those issues, I just dont belive in "I can not tell you how long"
You can't give someone an ETA until you know what the problem is, and figuring out what the problem is can sometimes take quite a while. You can't just look at it and, having no idea what's broken, tell everyone "well it's going to take me one hour, seventeen minutes, thirty-two seconds". That's the vibe I'm getting from posts like yours, and it's not how it works. You want truly terrible customer service? Let people make estimates and try to fix things before they know what the problem is.
Lt. Commander
# 1358
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0n4h
I wish to complain about this parrot what I purchased not half an hour ago from this very boutique!

Oh, sorry...wrong thread.
The Norwegian Blue? Why, what's wrong with it?
Lt. Commander
# 1359
Oh noes! we have to be patient! how tragic!
sok, the game more than makes up for it. plus, the more downtime they get without us pressuring them to hurry up is more time they get to fix the problem so it doesn't happen again.
k said my piece, go ahead and rant at me.
Lt. Commander
# 1360
it's up! to your ships!
Closed Thread