Lt. Commander
# 1 Character Height
02-18-2012, 10:23 PM
Since the ever mentioned ruler in the char creation/tailor windows was tossed out with all the company moving and lack of staff to do anything, this still bugs me, and I want to ask.

When you pick a listed height on the slider, where on the leg and torso meters is it really intended to be the height listed? Because when you slide up and down the lengths, there's a huge range of heights without the slider moving from the number you set it on.

Definitive answer, please!

from 0-5 on the scale for each. srsly. :p lol
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-19-2012, 07:10 AM
I think it's more a process of seeing what you think looks good, but I do agree that at least a measure of some sort should be put next to the character, maybe even an average NPC for scale comparison.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-20-2012, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraKet View Post
Since the ever mentioned ruler in the char creation/tailor windows was tossed out with all the company moving and lack of staff to do anything, this still bugs me, and I want to ask.

When you pick a listed height on the slider, where on the leg and torso meters is it really intended to be the height listed? Because when you slide up and down the lengths, there's a huge range of heights without the slider moving from the number you set it on.

Definitive answer, please!

from 0-5 on the scale for each. srsly. :p lol
Yes, it seems that the 'height' slider only works properly if leg/torso length are set to 'average'. Otherwise, it's not accurate at all.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-21-2012, 09:52 AM
I made a char 5'12" I though 6' didn't have enough numbers :p
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-21-2012, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
Yes, it seems that the 'height' slider only works properly if leg/torso length are set to 'average'. Otherwise, it's not accurate at all.
That would be in line with my initial thought then. 2.5 for torso and legs. or 2 torso/3 legs.

I thought that to likely be the case. Wonder how much shorter 0/0.5 is, combined with 4'6". hehehe.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-22-2012, 03:42 AM
Ah, that explains why my 5 ft 11 char ended up towering over everyone else, and it ain't the heels either ;p
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-22-2012, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
Ah, that explains why my 5 ft 11 char ended up towering over everyone else, and it ain't the heels either ;p
lol. Yeah, I try for some accuracy. I went for the silly tall char once, but once was enough.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-09-2012, 01:35 AM
*peeks* Just checking back to see if anyone replied. I know once a dev mentioned the idea of putting a ruler or a 'current height' listing in the tailor, was hoping for it, but then all the bs happened last year and it fell by the wayside.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-09-2012, 02:14 AM
Eh, the ruler or criminal mugshot background would be nice to have indeed! Repost. No mercy!