Lt. Commander
# 1 Should YOU join an Elite STF?
03-08-2012, 03:58 PM
Ask yourself these simple questions before qeueing into an elite STF:

Do I know how to complete the mission in the most hazard-free method, ex: correct order of target destruction?
Have I beat this mission 20 times in a row on normal mode without dying?
Is my ship equiped with at least Mk XI rares?
Do I understand that other people on the team will depend on my performance?
Do I understand that my actions could cause irreversible failure of the mission?

If you answered "no" to ANY of these questions, please do all of us a favor and stick to normal mode until you know what you're doing and can do it.

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-11-2012, 04:23 PM
Now that's just not a nice thing to say , and just encourages me to try my hand at Elite just to see if I get teamed with you to see how well you do :p
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-11-2012, 05:00 PM
Comments like this is why I am happy not to bother with STF's
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-12-2012, 02:35 AM
It's not like you have any right to tell who is eligible or not. Play with your fleet mates or friends if you hate pick-up groups, Mr. Elitist. I'm sure you're an STF genius. Go, play with other geniuses.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-12-2012, 02:56 AM
OP do you know how to set up a private group? If the answer is no then you should not be in an elite STF.

It's pillocks like you that have made me decide to stay away from STfs, normal let alone elite. As such I do not know if I will ejoy them or be any good at them. Do you realise how many good people you and others like you may have scared off? PuGs are and always will be a mixed affair, don't like that fact don't PuG.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-12-2012, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by z00ch

Do I know how to complete the mission in the most hazard-free method, ex: correct order of target destruction?
Do I understand that my actions could cause irreversible failure of the mission?

If you answered "no" to ANY of these questions, please do all of us a favor and stick to normal mode until you know what you're doing and can do it.

Thanks!
Nonsense. If someone wants to enjoy the game to its fullest, regardless of technique, I see no problem with him or her entering into the STF elite missions. In order for someone to learn, the individual needs to make mistakes along the way. "Star Trek: Online" was created for everyone to enjoy. If an individual was able to obtain the level of 40, I see no problem with their ability to enter into the elite missions. Mastering "Star Trek: Online" will not get you a job or college degree, so don't take the gaming experience in any serious manner.

When I see people complain in the chat room, the only reason behind the moaning is about control. Since the complaining player doesn't have control, they will dictate and whine like a communist. Even though you may have one solution to a puzzle, someone else has developed their own approach. One specific technique is not 100% right or wrong.

Stop complaining because people will not follow your orders. Your arguments are about 'controlling other player's playing habits'.

Freewill is universal. Accept it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-12-2012, 07:32 AM
I've never played a (space) STF on normal mode, only elite. In for a penny, in for a pound.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-12-2012, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredCasden
Now that's just not a nice thing to say , and just encourages me to try my hand at Elite just to see if I get teamed with you to see how well you do :p
Ironically, I have seen many of them respawn countless of times, and then they blame everyone else for their failures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by z00ch

Thanks!
When I see you in an elite stf, I am going to crash my ship over a million times, I am going to ignore your rants in chat, and I am going to intentionally fail optional.

Live and let live.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-12-2012, 09:05 AM
Do people have the right to play however they want? Yes, of course.

Do they have a right to play however they want and cause 4 other people to fail an elite STF? No, of course not.

Have fun, but don't show up to an elite STF unless you know what you are doing.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-12-2012, 11:24 AM
I've done hundreds of the STFs. Fully geared several characters.

I support the creator of this thread 100%.

Noobs in Elites are the most annoying thing in this game.

All you guys calling him elitist make me laugh. Having standards may be elitist but its what every fleet that has application forms does. The OP does not deserve to have his time in STFs wasted by people who don't have a clue how to do them and frankly don't belong in them.