Lt. Commander
A total of 167 CURE GROUND ELITE RUNS and all i got form last 67-70 or so in the last days is a ******n BLUE MKXi ARMOR/pistol/rifle IS T H I S a godamn joke??!?! not even an worthless proto salvage? armek drops 98% only 1x blue mxki random crap and 2x edc thats all wtf?!?!?

THIS CANNOT COME TO PASS im sick of this fix the damn drop rate i want my rightfully deserverd mkxii proto salvage form armek im sick of doing the op aswell and not getting anythign at armek.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-23-2012, 03:50 AM
It's not actually broken or bugged. It does have an abysmal drop rate. It is working as intended. The loot bag at the end of every STF (not just Armek) draws from 3 tables. The third table includes the proto tech. As I understand it the drop rate for proto tech is less than 1%. The optional bag does not roll from the third table. So if you don't get the optional all you're missing is a step for an accolade.
I've been doing the STFs since they were redone. I've gotten all the accolades for doing each STF x number of times and I've only gotten two pieces of MK XII space gear.
There have been countless threads gripping about it and the official answer is "working as intended."
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-23-2012, 03:50 AM
I feel your pain. it is not bugged to my knowledge, 2 of our fleet members got the weapon tech this week and one of my friends, I am still waiting after about only 20 runs. I no longer do any STFs regularly, I already have the MkXI gear on all toons and the odd bit of MkXII, I do them when i feel like it or to help others and if I get the luck then great, if not so be it, that way I'm not storing up anger and resentment at the game I love. Good luck.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-23-2012, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringram View Post
There have been countless threads gripping about it and the official answer is "working as intended."
If this is working as intended, than the intent is malicious and spiteful. There's no excuse for any item in any game to have a less than 1% drop rate, unless it rolls from literally everything you can kill in the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-23-2012, 12:26 PM
It's standard MMO Raid design.

It's a design I loathe, mind you, and there's a reason I'm not playing WoW, Rift, or any of those other children of Everquest.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-23-2012, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahinder
It's standard MMO Raid design.

It's a design I loathe, mind you, and there's a reason I'm not playing WoW, Rift, or any of those other children of Everquest.
"Standard" MMOs have droprates that are orders of magnitude higher for this stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-23-2012, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazapsky
If this is working as intended, than the intent is malicious and spiteful. There's no excuse for any item in any game to have a less than 1% drop rate, unless it rolls from literally everything you can kill in the mission.
It's not spitefull it's a skinner's box. The devs are intentionally making it difficult so its a sought after item. They make it technically possible so that you'll still want to play. There will be players that say "**** it, this is retarded" and leave the game. But, enough people will still go after it that they get the players they need to make money.

They don't have the money or staff to make a game with high production content and a compelling narrative so they're not even trying. We went a year without any story missions and we've been told that they will probably only make 1 more feature episode this year. In an interview recently DStahl said they were rethinking Featured Episodes all together. There are bugs that have been in the game since launch. Not to mention the problem of the whole game crashing something like 8 times in six weeks.

But if you play the game over and over again you might get shiny armor. When F2P launched they changed the leveling so badly that you can make VA in a week- two if you're lazy. Once you're a VA you're in the skinner's box. That's the whole point of the game. That's how asian companies like PWE make money.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-23-2012, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringram View Post
But if you play the game over and over again you might get shiny armor. When F2P launched they changed the leveling so badly that you can make VA in a week- two if you're lazy. Once you're a VA you're in the skinner's box. That's the whole point of the game. That's how asian companies like PWE make money.
Fixed it for ya

It is mathematically possible to never see the proto tech drops. No matter how skilled you are or how many times you play the mission. Which is the problem I have with it. It's not 'difficult' it's 'ultra rare'.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-23-2012, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Trainor
Fixed it for ya

It is mathematically possible to never see the proto tech drops. No matter how skilled you are or how many times you play the mission. Which is the problem I have with it. It's not 'difficult' it's 'ultra rare'.
LOL. Unfortunately you are right. I have edited accordingly.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-24-2012, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Trainor
Exactly my feeling.
For this sole reason i've lost the taste of playing the game.