Lt. Commander
# 21
03-13-2012, 10:29 AM
As a newcommer to stfs and elites id like to add a few comments. I spent time running normals before i qued XI very rare gear. I didnt learn anything from normal mode. Most were dismal failures and total pains in the rear. I qued up for elite becouse it was the only way i could find ppl able to teach me what i needed to do. I got optional my first cure becouse ppl took the 5 mins to make sure i understood whatg they needed me to do before we went in. Dismal failure my first infected optional cause the group leader just rolled in and started barking orders. How you guys handle us new players makes all the diffrence.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-13-2012, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by z00ch
Ask yourself these simple questions before qeueing into an elite STF:

Do I know how to complete the mission in the most hazard-free method, ex: correct order of target destruction?
Have I beat this mission 20 times in a row on normal mode without dying?
Is my ship equiped with at least Mk XI rares?
Do I understand that other people on the team will depend on my performance?
Do I understand that my actions could cause irreversible failure of the mission?

If you answered "no" to ANY of these questions, please do all of us a favor and stick to normal mode until you know what you're doing and can do it.

Thanks!
i joined some elites yesterday, i wasnt totally prepared but definately wasnt always the first to die and even took some agro well. ofcourse one can never be cetain around tac cubes xD

i wasnt joining the elites for any of the above reasons, i was joining to see what to expect and what i should improve, most importantly to gain EXPERIENCE on Elites, apparently something that seems to be ignored at the expense of trolling because it makes you feel good...

apart from Cure ground elite which by far is the most difficult and didnt get it completed, id say that it isnt that much more difficult, you just need the right weapons and good abilities to help keep your team healed and such while dealing with the worker spam and keep from getting shot in the back by the auto turrets.

guides tell you nothing without some leadership to make sure everyone knows what they must do, keeping with the insults feel good comment above, it doesnt help matters when you dont want to complete the missions because you cant be bthered to help the new guy, nither will insults. it isnt my first time on elites though, before F2P i was in 2 fleets at different times and these we flew through as if they were not there, simply because you ask those around you to help you and themselves, i did some elites outside the fleet a few times with pugs and got them done without any trouble simply because you asked them to help themselves and yourself by working with each other and not barking orders.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-13-2012, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Hahahahahahahahhahahhahhaha... I'll let you know when I get on a team that can complete a ground STF on Normal ONCE.

Thanks for the tips though, good food for thought!
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-13-2012, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaFury View Post
Sort of. I donno, when I PUG for an elite STF I enter the match under an implicit understanding that I intend to carry my team. (WTB Caitlyn's Q animation for my pulsewave secondary fire.)

It's when four other people join the match with this intention also that things are beautiful.
With PUGs the challenge is more the group then the mission.
I feel lucky if everyone is at least cooperative. Half the time someone is calling everyone noob and not doing anything.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-16-2012, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonto
I feel lucky if everyone is at least cooperative. Half the time someone is calling everyone noob and not doing anything.
This is true. The loudest guy isn't always the most knowledgeable

I would like to ask someone to list all the Secondary objectives along with the best ways to accomplish them. Actually be helpful please. Personally I have done maybe 100 normals (Pugs) but have not ventured into Elites yet.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-16-2012, 10:58 PM
I don't want to get involved in elite STF's at all, I've read the tactics etc. and it seems there's no real way of getting out of dying often, so although I'm pretty sure I would be able to complete it, if I'm getting killed 1-2 times per STF, sort of snaps my enjoyment in half, sort of the feeling of "I'm Star-ship Captain, I've sent 100's of crews to their death" I can take dying ever once in a blue moon though ^_^ Just like "Aw...F***..." *Respawn* "Well that never happened" *Cough*

But yeah not agreeing/disagreeing with anyone I think the least someone should do before hitting the hard difficulty button on any game is read what you are going to expect first Can ruin an entire game for yourself that way XD
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-17-2012, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Ask yourself these simple questions before qeueing into an elite STF:

Do I know how to complete the mission in the most hazard-free method, ex: correct order of target destruction?
Is my ship equiped with at least Mk XI rares?
Do I understand that other people on the team will depend on my performance?
Do I understand that my actions could cause irreversible failure of the mission?

If you answered "no" to ANY of these questions, please do all of us a favor and stick to normal mode until you know what you're doing and can do it.

Thanks!
I can mostly agree with all of these except number 2. I regularly die on normal, and on Elite I die, shockingly enough, about the same amount. I haven't had anyone complain about how I play in Elite mode, and I'd thank you to realize that some people's play styles might make them more prone to death, that doesn't make them necessarily less valuable if they do their jobs well enough while alive. I can understand your wish of equipment, as there's not much that can be said in defense of inferior equipment, and I definitely agree with the final 2 points. The first point is up for debate, however, since different people have different methods and *gasp* there are multiple methods that work. The main thing with tactics on STF's is that everyone is on the same page working together, which you won't really get with PuG's.

I WOULD add one thing to your list though: Do you have at least 1 full stack of each healing item (components or regenerators (both major and minor)) in your bank box and know how to use them between death and respawn?
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-17-2012, 04:14 AM
Wow... The OP... thats... Well...

I am pretty sure if I tell my honest opinion on this, I will get a infraction...

But based on your forum account date, I doubt you are even remotely qualified to tell people who can, and who can't join a STF...
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-18-2012, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonto
THIS.

Although, really, sometimes it's warranted ...
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-18-2012, 10:21 AM
Damn, those people at FIFA are such elitist *******s that they don't let me play in the world cup. I mean I didn't really bother to read the rules of soccer, but I played once or twice in school, and after all, we should all just have fun, right? Who the hell are they to dictate who should be allowed to play with other professional players?