Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
03-11-2012, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrSkyfaller
You're doing it wrong
Lol erm, No I'm not, I have no problem using my Dread and its a great ship when used correctly, all I'm saying is that I cant help but feel its silly to promote it as a battleship and the only FED Cruiser that can equip dual cannons when the tac stations are too low in rank to make use of them, sure you can use cannons but whats the point when the only cannon skill you can use with them is either CRF1 OR CSV1.
But hey like I said thats just my opinion, you don't have to agree with it
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-11-2012, 07:45 PM
I'm more ticked that the Sovy didn't get the Excelsior load out. I'd rather they were switched but I suppose the cat is already out of that bag. The Galaxy-X is a beast in the right hands, it's just that so few hands are right for the Galaxy-X.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-11-2012, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
if you believe everything you read in this game then you will be sorely dissapointed.... not all battleships or battle cruisers (not battlecruisers mind you) are designed for combat. it ususally is in relation to its size.

god this had me ROTFLMAO what would YOU make a battleship for? to take it out fishing? do we call oil super tankers battleships because most are bigger then air craft carriers? and this ship in question is the same size as a Galaxy so why is the Galaxy class not also a Dreadnaught?

A battleship has one primary function... 99% of fourth graders can figure out what that is.

the HMS Dreadnaught made everything afloat obsolete, it was so much more powerful, so much more high tech, it is a tribute to this that we call a top of the line killing machine a Dreadnaught.

it almost sounds like the Galaxy X is more like a Bass boat that is always dragging its anchor with 2 people carrying AR-15s then a dreadnaught… that is sad.

also the I.S.S. Stadi (the Terren empire galaxy x dreadnaught) has that torpedo spread of death attack so they have to have higher lvl Tac station.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-12-2012, 04:29 AM
I bought the Galaxy-X Sunday morning, after spending god knows how many millions of ECs, new BOffs, DOffs and countless hours of preparation I took it for a spin.

Wow, this thing is head and shoulders above what I was running (T5 Nebula), Its does good damage and even obscene damage (every 3mins - Phaser Lance double crit for 24000 + 24000 - I am a Tac Captain so I get allot of damage bonuses from their).

Does it need higher level Tac BOffs? Actually maybe (though I don’t want any higher level Tac BOffs), Is that so it can do more damage? No! It's so it loses some of its tankyness.

Currently, you can run two copies of EPtW1 and EPtS3, with 2 Copies of BO1 and a copy of HYT2 (for example), switching the Lt. Cmd. Eng. slot for a Tac would allow you to only run 2xEPtW1 + 2xEPtS2, you can still run your 2xBO1 and a copy of HTY3, but what are you going to run in the Lt. Tac slot? It certainly will not be either CRF or CSV, as cannons on a Cruiser with a base turn of 6; with hideous inertia is just a bad idea; especially when running a beam boat is generally better (not always though).

You could run APO1 in the Lt. Cmd position, but what would be the point? It’s not like the turn rate will help a great deal (as the Phaser Lance is on a 3minute cooldown) and your beams have 250deg targeting arcs, also if you need to, you can use EM to line that up. You don’t need it for the anti-hold aspect as you can quite easily use PH1 in the Sci Ens. seat for that.

Attack Pattern Beta / Delta don’t increase your own DPS, and Dispersal Patters are just horrid (let alone the fact you actually need to equip a mine launcher for this). You can’t get another beam BOff power as you are already at the system cap for beams anyway. This basically leaves you with another torpedo ability, to which you can’t point your nose in to allow the 90 degree targeting solution, and even if you did, your THY3 would be available which will do more damage to a hull than TS3 will do anyway.

So, what are you left with, well from the way I see it, and I could very well be wrong, you would need to pick up a Tac Team, considering the drop in the Eng. Lt. Cmd. slot you will have lost ET2 to make room for EPtS2. Look on the bright side, at least you won’t have the problem of having 3 skills on the same system Cooldown (ET2 + ST1 + TT1), The ‘possible’ builds listed below.

Galaxy-X – Current

Tac. Ens. – BO1
Tac. Lt. – BO1 / HYT2
Eng. Lt. Cmd. – EPtW1 / ET2 / EPtS3
Eng. Cmd. – EPtW1 / RSP1 / EPtS3 / Aux2SiF3
Sci. Lt. – ST1 / HE2

Galaxy-X – With Lt. Cmd Tac <> Lt. Eng

Tac. Ens. – BO1
Tac. Lt. Cmd. – BO1 / TT2 / HYT3
Eng. Lt. – EPtW1 / EPtS2
Eng. Cmd. – EPtW1 / EPtS2 / RSP2 / Aux2SiF3
Sci. Lt. – ST1 / HE2

*Please note, you might switch some of the Tactical abilities around, but I have kept it simple for ease of understanding*

I can tell you right now, I would NOT want to switch my 2xEPtS3/HYT2/ET2 for EPtS2/HYT3/TT1. Not even remotely close, not for anything, PvP / PvE / Grinding / Soloing regardless!

Perhaps, some of the more experienced players than me, can suggest a build that is better with a Tac. Lt. Cmd in-place of the Eng. Lt. Cmd, until then; I will stick with the current set up.

Cy
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-12-2012, 04:57 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Askray
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-12-2012, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alohaa
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Askray
Your just offensive, your attitude sucks and for your inforamtion, if it was not the the F2Pers, then their would be no STO, STO failed, it failed on a big scale, it was launched years before it should have been and it still has massives of issues, (jsut look at how pathetic ESD and DS9 are),
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-12-2012, 05:50 AM
It occurs to me this problem can be resolved to everyone's satisfaction if they just let us modify our bridge officer layout.

In my experience the Galaxy-X is NEVER going to be optimal with cannons. The turn radius isn't there and asking for a change that would hurt the play experience of those already using and loving the Galaxy-X is not a wise move.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-12-2012, 06:00 AM
Read the definition of dreadnaught with relation to ships....this thing has needed a huge bump in offensive ability since it was launched. This ship is weak weak weak when compared to any other NPC Dread in the game...
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-12-2012, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Dr. Leonard McCoy
Read the definition of dreadnaught with relation to ships....this thing has needed a huge bump in offensive ability since it was launched. This ship is weak weak weak when compared to any other NPC Dread in the game...
Clearly, to make it the same as other DNs in the game, it would need 200000 hull and 500000 shield on each facing, as it is right now, its got the highest dmg : survivability in the game, thats a good compromise.

and it has been buffed, +1 tac console, +1 rear weapon.

If anything, just change one of the Eng consoles to a Tac console and be done with it,
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-12-2012, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermbot View Post
It occurs to me this problem can be resolved to everyone's satisfaction if they just let us modify our bridge officer layout.

In my experience the Galaxy-X is NEVER going to be optimal with cannons. The turn radius isn't there and asking for a change that would hurt the play experience of those already using and loving the Galaxy-X is not a wise move.
Universal bridge officer slots! yes please, would be much more Trekky as well