Lt. Commander
Some ideas from another thread, suggested that the Deep Space Encounter mechanic could be used for PVP?

Rather than explaining it, here is a quote :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tain View Post
You know it would be kind of cool if they made use of that deep space encounter mechanic which everyone seems to just ignore nowadays. Turn it into something a player can spawn on themselves, like an invitation to pvp, the player goes, spawns a deep space, or shall we call it "hostile sensor contact", and it then becomes a joinable pvp instance visible in sector space. Would be a nice means to challenge someone or even have spur of the moment premade pvp without all the queue nonsense. Just get your buddies and meet up in sector space.
I think it's a great idea!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-08-2012, 06:20 PM
yep. they tried somethign like this last summer with "open pvp" cryptic somehow screwed it up and its never been heard from again.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
yep. they tried somethign like this last summer with "open pvp" cryptic somehow screwed it up and its never been heard from again.
Really? How did this work, I don't remember anything like that
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-08-2012, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
Really? How did this work, I don't remember anything like that
those convoys flying around in space in the fed sector. could be attacked by klingon ships. an entry point would be created so fed ships and other klingon ships could get there. the klingons were supposed to disable transports, while the feds had to stop the klingons.

what happened was, both sides spawned at the same spot.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-09-2012, 07:00 AM
I will give this my full support if its like the old DSE where you dont have a choice and get sucked into the arena
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-09-2012, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Seems to be a recurring problem doesn't it? Hell that happens in the ques from time to time too. Nothing like both teams spawning in on the same point at the -start- of a match.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-09-2012, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
Seems to be a recurring problem doesn't it? Hell that happens in the ques from time to time too. Nothing like both teams spawning in on the same point at the -start- of a match.
What was the problem with that exept recurring problem? Its so hard to fix not to spawn at the same spot, so they better removed it from game and never said about it anymore? I mean costumes, new consoles etc.. have higher priority than something what had one problem, the spawn point? Beside that problem, it was working and was even fun until spawncamping imo.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-09-2012, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Plus hard core pve-ers were crying they can't collect their samples and get credit for missions bc they'll get blown away too often. I also remember the sorties on klink being mentioned as an open pvp candidate, but unfortunately nothing happened. Maybe sometimes... Who knows.

But I like the idea.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-09-2012, 10:48 AM
It sounds that if it was done properly it would be a good mechanic. It reminds me of how both monster & PvP encouters were done in the first MMORPG I played, Sierra's "The Realm". Actually, that's the only MMO I've played besides STO...
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-09-2012, 04:25 PM
Quote:
those convoys flying around in space in the fed sector. could be attacked by klingon ships. an entry point would be created so fed ships and other klingon ships could get there. the klingons were supposed to disable transports, while the feds had to stop the klingons.

I remembered thoes, and yea insted of fixing that we get f2p consoles insted,
another thing is, if you enter a in Regulas System as a klingon you cant fight the feds there you could only **** them off by healing the klingon ship they are attacking << mean i know but it fun