Lt. Commander
Greetings And Salutations All, for months ive been trying to put a picture in for my signature on my forums account but have been unable to do so, ive seen many great 1s by many of you guys n gals but im still unable to do so, if any1 could please give me some advice as how this is properly done it would be fully appreciated, thanks in advance
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-08-2012, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIME_LORDS View Post
Greetings And Salutations All, for months ive been trying to put a picture in for my signature on my forums account but have been unable to do so, ive seen many great 1s by many of you guys n gals but im still unable to do so, if any1 could please give me some advice as how this is properly done it would be fully appreciated, thanks in advance
Grab the picture you want.
Upload picture to photobucket.
Copy image code photobucket provides underneath the picture.
Go to my account in this forum.
Find signature option.

Enter image code in and you should see your picture.
If not you will see just text, keep on going until you find the right one.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-08-2012, 06:25 PM
Another factor to have in mind is the size of the image. Make it around 500x150 or 500x200 and you should be good.

If you're not too proficient with Photoshop, send me a PM and I'll make a signature for you.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-08-2012, 06:44 PM
Thankyou so much to both of you for the info, it is truly appreciated and worked a charm, i shall pass this knowledge on to any1 who i come across that requires the same knowledge, thankyou both once again
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-08-2012, 07:27 PM
Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies

Quote:
Signature/Avatar Rule Violation
Signatures are limited to five lines of text, including blank lines, and/or an image. The total signature size must be no larger than 500x150 pixels and 50Kb in size if it contains an image. Images must be in .jpg format. The text in the signature may be customized by the BBCode in use on the forums. It is recommended that you stick with readable fonts and colors and that the size is not too large. You may mention websites and ventures that you are in some way related to, as long as they are otherwise appropriate for the community. Avatars are limited to 100x100 pixels, or 19.6 KB (whichever is smaller). No Animated images will be allowed. Strong political and religious sentiments should be kept out of profiles, signatures, and other content in this community. Failure to adhere to these rules will result in an infraction, and the removal of the offending signature or avatar.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-08-2012, 08:10 PM
darn, so i need to make it smaller, no probs, i shall re-adjust as unfortunately ive made it larger by adding my 8 characters above the picture..lol, thanks for the tip.. lets hope the next 1 is right..
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-08-2012, 08:27 PM
ok fully re-adjusted so my guys dont extend the page and removed the ship picture as well, i do hope this 1 is allowable, would be a bit shattered to have to go back to the drawing board and start again..lol
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIME_LORDS View Post
ok fully re-adjusted so my guys dont extend the page and removed the ship picture as well, i do hope this 1 is allowable, would be a bit shattered to have to go back to the drawing board and start again..lol
Nope. As CM Alecto showed above.

Signatures are limited to five lines of text, including blank lines, and/or an image. The total signature size must be no larger than 500x150 pixels and 50Kb in size if it contains an image. Images must be in .jpg format. The text in the signature may be customized by the BBCode in use on the forums. It is recommended that you stick with readable fonts and colors and that the size is not too large. You may mention websites and ventures that you are in some way related to, as long as they are otherwise appropriate for the community. Avatars are limited to 100x100 pixels, or 19.6 KB (whichever is smaller). No Animated images will be allowed. Strong political and religious sentiments should be kept out of profiles, signatures, and other content in this community. Failure to adhere to these rules will result in an infraction, and the removal of the offending signature or avatar.

Yours is 848x81. Thou the Height is fine, it is Way too long.
Look at my Signature, it is exactly 500x150. Yours should be no bigger, heightwise or lengthwise, thou you are allowed to make either dimension smaller.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-08-2012, 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
Signatures are limited to five lines of text, including blank lines, and/or an image. The total signature size must be no larger than 500x150 pixels and 50Kb in size if it contains an image. Images must be in .jpg format.
Might want to check your own sig. (png format, 62.72 kb)

Btw, please remember that any text in your signature also counts against your 150px of height. The rules specify "total signature size" not "image size". You can't have 5 lines of text *AND* 150px of image height. Alecto's sig is a great example of how you should reduce an image in your sig, to make room for text.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-09-2012, 02:06 AM
Awww now it looks lame and i can hardly see any details of my characters facial features, guess i shall just remove it and go back to the drawing board, i appreciate the advice guys and perhaps in time i can come up with something appropriate.. at least now i understand how its done and the regulations for it, id actually mailed alecto after calling me out on the larger sizes earlier but he was obviously busy or asleep to take a look and ok it or vetoe it,..