Lt. Commander
# 11
03-08-2012, 05:58 PM
It's not the PvP that bothers me in this mission. It's the AFK ******s that sit there farming off everyone else who does the mission. What makes it worse is the Klingons or Feds whatever arent killing the AFKERS. Come on shoot these *******s down before you go and try and rick roll someone doing the mission. The main problem here is people going AFK and grinding while AFK. Then again it is really stupid how both factions spawn on top of each other.

This is an old mission from launch and needs to either be removed or completely reworked. Besides PvP mission in a PvE mission zone is about as lame as anyone can get really. I know it's all you have for the open world PvP people but honestly this is not the answer.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-08-2012, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaFury View Post
Because the active feds protect them and smack in zone chat about how we're dishonorable for attacking AFK people. That's why.

I do drop aceton assimilators on them though, for those who have 'auto-target attacking objects' and 'automatically fire all beams' set to true, then sit back and watch the infinately amusing light show. Also some of the less capable pilots on the KDF side can't easily get out of the persistant 6-ship blockade of our spawn.
With practice that's not too hard, at least for my engie in a Negh'var, and I'm a newbie with less than a month in STO under my belt

Ahead Full, Blow all resists, Tact Team, EptS I & RSP I, Power to Engines, Evasive Manuevers, Bear Left / Right / Up / Down, EptE just as the Evasive runs out and you're 23k away from the problem with 40% hull left 9 times out of 10, usually just enough to get out of combat and cloaked before the first of the "chasers" reaches firing range.

Of course there's the odd chaser who knows his stuff and blows the right chase skills enough to keep up with you, but rarely do many bother to chase and I'll happily fight that lone or pair of chasers if I have to

Usually I just get to cloak and then come back and pick off those original attackers one by one at my leisure
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-08-2012, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothandros
What is with all the people sitting in Kerrat AFK Farming Dil?
With the broken -50 Borg, it takes no time at all for 1-2 people to complete the "mission" in Ker'rat. Given the number of people in Ker'rat, well - there's not much point in the majority of them doing anything. Fix the -50 Borg and for it to be completed in a somewhat reasonable/comparable amount of time - more people will have to participate.

Quote:
Better yet why has this mission not been completely removed from the game until it can be re-worked to not allow for AFK farming.
The AFK farming is the smallest of several problems that Ker'rat experiences, imho.

Quote:
Also WHY are you Klingons attacking people trying to do the mission and not rolling these AFK farmers over and over.
It is a race to see who can complete the "mission" first. One of the ways to ensure that your side completes it first is to deny the other side the opportunity to complete it first.

Generally speaking, the AFK farmers are AFK - so, they're not hitting respawn - so, there's nothing there to attack. Just saying...

Quote:
I swear if it's not one stupid thing it's another. Remove this mission already it's horribly broken.
People like their fast Dil. Cryptic likes people having Dil to trade on the Exchange so people will buy more CP. So, while one can see where it is broken - one should also be able to see where it is "working" as well.

Quote:
Make some kind of penalty for being ganked in Open FvF while your at it so we can deal with the farmers if you won't.
There should not be Open FvF. If you're participating in FvF, that means you've exploited a bug. There should be some kind of penalty for knowingly exploiting a bug...

...just saying.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-08-2012, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespya
With practice that's not too hard, at least for my engie in a Negh'var, and I'm a newbie with less than a month in STO under my belt
Yeah, me too, but I mean some people with carriers and stuff. I have Aux2Damps on all of my KDF cruisers, which increases speed too, so I just take off like a rocket with a barely-restrained yeehaw.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-08-2012, 06:05 PM
Why allow AFK farming especially in a game like this? You can make MUCH MUCH more dil doing STF or anything really. This mission is just for people that like to abuse the AFK functionality that they have been provided. I say it's time for change and to remove this garbage and make them work for it like everyone else. The PvP is the last of my concern even tho its such a half *** attempt at an open world PvP scenario one would use it as a tool as how to not create more zones like it.

How can anyone defend this mission? Seriously if this is your PvP fix then you need another game heh.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-08-2012, 06:20 PM
I shoot the AFK'er all the time. But they go pop pretty quickly. Then they respawn at the Fed spot on the other side of the map. On the way over I can't help myself from shooting a few more live Feds on the way.

This is, of course, between the 15 or 20 odd gankings I receive from the 4-5 man Fed spawn camp... who I might add are not contributing to the completion of the map either...

To date, I've not seen one Ker'rat instance take more then 10 minutes to complete regardless of KDF presence or a whole gaggle of AFK Feds. Running Ker'rat as a Fed in our Fleet clears maps in even less time.

I don't find much to complain about here other than being perhaps too easy for both sides.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-08-2012, 06:21 PM
"Nuking Ker'rat" showed up on the Engineering Report well over a year ago under Design Discussions. I'm sure they are well aware of all these AFK complaints.

After watching STOked 113 which interviewed Dan Stahl, I'm convinced PvP'ers will have to wait until new code for PvP Maps hits STO. It's currently being developed for another Cryptic title and it will make creating PvP content astronomically easier for the devs to do.

I'm sure you'll just have to put up with how Ker'rat currently works until all the PvP changes hit the game.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-08-2012, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothandros
What is with all the people sitting in Kerrat AFK Farming Dil? Better yet why has this mission not been completely removed from the game until it can be re-worked to not allow for AFK farming. Also WHY are you Klingons attacking people trying to do the mission and not rolling these AFK farmers over and over. I swear if it's not one stupid thing it's another. Remove this mission already it's horribly broken. Make some kind of penalty for being ganked in Open FvF while your at it so we can deal with the farmers if you won't.
There is nouthing wrong with Ker'rat here. It's all the FTP Bums we now have in the game that are completely useless.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-08-2012, 06:46 PM
AFK Farming Kerat? That's just the PvP version of DOFF missions. It's intended I think.
Lt. Commander
# 20 Its Back!!!!!
03-08-2012, 06:48 PM
ITS BACKKKKKK!!!!!! LET THE PLAY BEGIN!!!!!!!!! im glad it is or else im stuck watching stinking idol with my old lady.......