Lt. Commander
# 21
03-08-2012, 07:54 PM
This is nothing new... Ker'rat has been like this since the game's launch in 2010.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-08-2012, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masadaco
I shoot the AFK'er all the time. But they go pop pretty quickly. Then they respawn at the Fed spot on the other side of the map. On the way over I can't help myself from shooting a few more live Feds on the way.

This is, of course, between the 15 or 20 odd gankings I receive from the 4-5 man Fed spawn camp... who I might add are not contributing to the completion of the map either...

To date, I've not seen one Ker'rat instance take more then 10 minutes to complete regardless of KDF presence or a whole gaggle of AFK Feds. Running Ker'rat as a Fed in our Fleet clears maps in even less time.

I don't find much to complain about here other than being perhaps too easy for both sides.
Your two statements there seem contradictory. If you are going to gank people actually engaged with the Borg, don't complain about anyone shooting you first. Setting you back a few seconds on their way to the borg is just making dealing with the borg easier.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-08-2012, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmera
Your two statements there seem contradictory. If you are going to gank people actually engaged with the Borg, don't complain about anyone shooting you first. Setting you back a few seconds on their way to the borg is just making dealing with the borg easier.
I wouldn't call them contradictory. I tend to call them part of the escalating nature of the conflict with a little chicken 'n egg.

KDF ganks Fed.
Frustrated Fed camps KDF.
Frustrated KDF ganks Fed.
Even more frustrated Fed camps KDF.
Even more frustrated KDF ganks Fed.

...OR...

Fed camps KDF.

We can't know whether it was the chicken or the egg, but it is undeniable that the current situation in Ker'rat fosters both ganking and camping.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-08-2012, 10:13 PM
was kinda funny I had to solo it in one instance earlier today while 5 feds sat and did nothing, thankfully I dodged the KDF that were there. Suffice to say I left that zone as soon as I completed it of course.

that being said, a possible solution would be to ditch the scans, make 12 repair nodes and beef them up a tad, like maybe 33% more HP, and if you do not get at least 1hp damage on at least one of them you get no completion. don't make it something crazy like you have to hit all 12 or blah blah, just a simple and small fail safe.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-08-2012, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick_Hawkke
was kinda funny I had to solo it in once instance earlier today while 5 feds sat and did nothing, thankfully I dodged the KDF that were there. Suffice to say I left that zone as soon as I completed it of course.

that being said, a possible solution would be to ditch the scans, make 12 repair nodes and beef them up a tad, like maybe 33% more HP, and if you do not get at least 1hp damage on at least one of them you get no completion. don't make it something crazy like you have to hit all 12 or blah blah, just a simple and small fail safe.
If they fixed the -50 (-X) Borg; then it really would not be an issue for all but the most serious of AFKers - simply because of how long it would take in comparison.

Consider how long it takes in that first instance where the Borg are +4. Now jump to another instance where they are -50.

One person can clear a -50 before one person has cleared a quarter if that of a +4.

They should be autolevel equivalency zones akin to Red Alerts. Wouldn't have to worry about -50 (-X) at that point. Would slow it down while requiring more effort from those involved...

...would also put it more inline with other forms of Dil farming as far as time involved.

Takes no time to zip through and do 8k with -50 Borg instance hopping.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-08-2012, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer
If they fixed the -50 (-X) Borg; then it really would not be an issue for all but the most serious of AFKers - simply because of how long it would take in comparison.

Consider how long it takes in that first instance where the Borg are +4. Now jump to another instance where they are -50.

One person can clear a -50 before one person has cleared a quarter if that of a +4.

They should be autolevel equivalency zones akin to Red Alerts. Wouldn't have to worry about -50 (-X) at that point. Would slow it down while requiring more effort from those involved...

...would also put it more inline with other forms of Dil farming as far as time involved.

Takes no time to zip through and do 8k with -50 Borg instance hopping.
I have to be honest I hate the level 1 instances, the loot stinks and sure you can do it fast, but it is just no fun rolling through it, guess I am just not often in that speed farming frame of mind.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-08-2012, 11:40 PM
Quote:
I wouldn't call them contradictory. I tend to call them part of the escalating nature of the conflict with a little chicken 'n egg.

KDF ganks Fed.

...OR...

Fed camps KDF.

We can't know whether it was the chicken or the egg, but it is undeniable that the current situation in Ker'rat fosters both ganking and camping.
Most of the times I have seen the KDF in Ker'rat the KDF opened up first, inlcuding when I was engaged with the borg, I have even seen them ignored appearantly AFK at the fed zone in, and had them wait til the feds are engaged to gank them.

I have also seen the Feds open up on KDF that zoned in with them, but is it zone camping when the zone resets and everyone comes in at the same spot?

I understand the frustration of there not being enough KDF, and understand the frustration of it being a -50 instance, but to me that is like saying you can PvP in a newbie zone equates to you should PvP in a newbie zone, even against newbies.

Taking out afk people? Prolly fair game (although if someone enters an instance and the pizza arrives at the door, not sure that they am some horrible xp thief... someone doing it repeatedly would be another matter though, but not really seen that). Taking out a frustration of lack of content or lack of enough KDF on other players? Not so cool...

Just my opinion of course....
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-08-2012, 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmera
I have also seen the Feds open up on KDF that zoned in with them, but is it zone camping when the zone resets and everyone comes in at the same spot?
If the KDF dies, they respawn at the same spot.
If the Fed dies, they respawn on the other side of the map.

So to stay there and kill the KDF repeatedly...yep, pretty much spawn camping.

Feds can fly Dreads or Defiants or MES any ship and gank a KDF that is engaged with the Borg.

And while the KDF can fly over to the other side of the map to camp the Feds, there's a general lack of KDF numbers to do such a thing - while the Feds have no issue camping the KDF after the broken restart spawn.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-09-2012, 12:08 AM
Ker'rat is a horrible excuse for a pvp zone... but it isn't like there are a lot of options. FvF/KvK pvp modes is the worst thing Cryptic did to pvp, because most Feds would rather shoot at a mirror than learn something new.

So I go to Ker'rat and get zerged by the knuckle draggers of StarFleet.

Anytime I get a fight I might win, I get swarmed, they don't kill me right away, since my Vor'Cha can tank god (but not borg, the cheaters). But it's hard to win outnumbered, not impossible... but the player I just killed will be back on my *** before I can kill the next guy.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-09-2012, 12:32 AM
Quote:
If the KDF dies, they respawn at the same spot.
If the Fed dies, they respawn on the other side of the map.

So to stay there and kill the KDF repeatedly...yep, pretty much spawn camping.

Feds can fly Dreads or Defiants or MES any ship and gank a KDF that is engaged with the Borg.

And while the KDF can fly over to the other side of the map to camp the Feds, there's a general lack of KDF numbers to do such a thing - while the Feds have no issue camping the KDF after the broken restart spawn.
I am not talking about 'staying there' to re-kill them. When the instance resets 3 min after victory, it isn't 'respawn after death.' Simply being at the same place after respawn isn't 'camping the spawn point.'

KDF don't seem to engage the borg, but that is a different problem, namely insufficient KDF in relation to Feds resulting in little incentive to compete in that manner.

It feels like you are rationalizing this. There are definate problems (particularly the overall shortage of KDF), but that isn't solved by playing spoiler.