Lt. Commander
# 11
03-09-2012, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanshikudan
Thanks guys. How would these rate against the MACO XII set im using now?
The Mk XII will be better simply because of stats. The Aegis Set is Mk X.

But in terms of the set performance. That are the same but different. The MACO set is about damage reduction based upon a strong shield (resilient Shield)with a lot of resistance for and a stronger hull. The AEGIS set is based on Defense (not being hit), a high capacity shield (Aegis Coviant shield) and a fast engine (Hyper Impulse Engine) which is more speed which gives more defense and a stacking hull damage resistance proc. And set bonuses for both sets are geared twoards those theme.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-15-2012, 09:59 AM
For what it's worth, I tried a comparison to the Jem'Hadar set... I personally prefer Aegis. I like survivability.

I THINK that if I swap out for 2 parts Omega and 1 part Borg I can get the same survivability (or better) with some extra gadgets.

Why Omega? the Turn Rate proc should let me drop a turning eng console and replace with extra armor (which compensates for the loss of reactive shielding.)

Why Borg? To match up with my console and get extra hull healing.

But if i do that, my shuttle is going to be one tough mother when it inherits the set. Hah.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-15-2012, 12:51 PM
From what I understand (and have played with) go with any set and the Jem;Hadar shields. I have been using them with my other Aegis pieces and it's like no one can touch me.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-15-2012, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumblingBee
From what I understand (and have played with) go with any set and the Jem;Hadar shields. I have been using them with my other Aegis pieces and it's like no one can touch me.
As of today, the "bugged" Jem'Hadar shields should be fixed. I am not sure if they are still "godlike".
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-15-2012, 01:40 PM
Ahh, but it was a glorious thing, darting about in a pack of ships just shooting willy nilly and watching things go *BOOM!*