Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 111
04-01-2012, 12:51 PM
Didn't even knew the KAW#1 had passed, guess will check out KAW#2 this week

One thing about Klingons, there's not as much PvE content as I would like... (or least, not yet as much as the Federation faction have--yet!)
Lt. Commander
# 112
04-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Reminders to follow during the week...

"Klingon Awareness Week #2" (KAW #2)

Currently in the ALL-DAY EVENT category for April 1, 2012:

* KDF Foundry mission "The Song of Circe's Demise" (join an open team for this mission, if you can!)
plus hourly Foundry mission recommendations, all within the KAW #2 Guide Book! Seek out an adventure! Play as a member of the Klingon faction!

* Sign up for this Saturday's Bat'leth tournament! Details on GatesofStovokor.com!

* Grind through STO Missions, PvE, PvP and other activities!

Coming after 10pm PDT Sunday, April 1, 2012:

* An interview on StarbaseUGC.com with a KDF Foundry developer! See how he was motivated to create his mission. Perhaps you'll find similar inspiration to make your own, too! (This is the first article in a week-long series on StarbaseUGC.com.)

* Text-only version of the KAW #2 Guide Book!
Lt. Commander
# 113
04-01-2012, 08:26 PM
Also on Saturday the 7th magnumstarwill be holding a costume contest 4 catagories are.

Sexiest Orion Girl Costume Contest
Klingon Lady Beauty Pagent
Scariest Looking
General Costume Contest

times will be updated soon
Lt. Commander
# 114
04-02-2012, 02:04 AM

Currently in the ALL-DAY EVENT category for April 2, 2012:

* KDF Foundry mission "Federation Desperation" (ST-HKWCILN6E) by Maziken - WINNER of Cryptic's "Foundry Challenge #1" (March 2012). (Join an open team for this mission, if you can!)
Plus hourly Foundry mission recommendations, all within the KAW #2 Guide Book! Seek out an adventure! Play as a member of the Klingon faction!

* Special Double XP Bonus Weekend! This promotion ends Monday, April 2nd, around 10 AM (PDT)/ 6 PM (UTC). Hurry to Qo'noS! Get your IDIC tribble, too!

* Dress up for Saturday! The KAW #2 Costume Contest takes place this Saturday!

* Pre-register for this Saturday's Bat'leth tournament, courtesy of GatesofStovokor.com and Targs (Tribbles) in Ecstacy!

* Grind through STO Missions, STF, PvE, PvP and other activities!

* Update STOwiki.org! We're asking dedicated STO players to update this public STO-based wiki website. (And STO Foundry authors/devs! Add your missions there, too!)

* Collect a Historical Datachip on Qo'noS -- and learn lore about the Klingon faction!

Coming after 10pm PDT, Monday, April 2, 2012:

* Interview #2 on StarbaseUGC.com with a KDF Foundry developer! See how he was motivated to create his mission. Perhaps you'll find similar inspiration to make your own, too! (This is the first article in a week-long series on StarbaseUGC.com.)

* Version 1.2 of the KAW #2 Guide Book!
Lt. Commander
# 115
04-02-2012, 01:04 PM
Remember also that when you are in between events, make sure to drop into Ker'rat as we could use all the help we can get to defend against Feds who seem to take delight in trying to overwhelm us with their numbers.

We must hold the line, sending as many of them to Grethor as we can!
Lt. Commander
# 116
04-02-2012, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chastity1337
I love this idea, but I'm totally confused about what to do, where to go, and what's happening.

You said -

You can also try using the Chat window to access the "KAW2" channel.

How do you access custom chat channels like that? I have messed with chat config, but didn't see any way to access anything but the basic channels like Fleet, Team, Zone, etc.
  1. In the box where you type to chat in game, look at the RIGHT end of the typing bar (the bar you type into), looking for a square icon. Click on it and a sub-menu should pop up.
  2. Now, in that menu, choose "Chat Settings". A new window will now open with three tabs at the top.
  3. Choose the middle tab, entitled "CHANNELS"
  4. Type "KAW2" (without the quotes) into the search bar. Since the channel already exists, the button that says "create" should change to now say "Join". Click it.
  5. As an added bonus, you may now select the "TABS" tab in the same wiondow, and you can customize the color of this new channel to make it stand out from the default colors.

I hope this helps.
Lt. Commander
# 117
04-02-2012, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faelandaea View Post
  1. In the box where you type to chat in game, look at the RIGHT end of the typing bar (the bar you type into), looking for a square icon. Click on it and a sub-menu should pop up.
  2. Now, in that menu, choose "Chat Settings". A new window will now open with three tabs at the top.
  3. Choose the middle tab, entitled "CHANNELS"
  4. Type "KAW2" (without the quotes) into the search bar. Since the channel already exists, the button that says "create" should change to now say "Join". Click it.
  5. As an added bonus, you may now select the "TABS" tab in the same wiondow, and you can customize the color of this new channel to make it stand out from the default colors.

I hope this helps.

Nice, I'll be sure to contribute my share of Klingon patriotism when I get off work later :3

Not sure if anyone will be running events in the 'wee hours of the morning' US time though.
Lt. Commander
Still it was fun to enter and attempt to be the healer in my Bortas. I fought alongside many fine warriors of the Empire, including Star*Dagger, Sirac, K'thrin, General Hauk and many others in gloriuos battle. We gave the feds no quarter and laughed at thier poor attempts to squash our spirits with thier jabbering and low-brow comments to our honor.

I even learned a thing or two about being a support craft and heal boat in a Bortas.....
Its so slow that its near impossible to keep up with the much faster Birds of Prey it means to protect and that not everyone is used to seeing or knowing that little blue/white line of energy is Extend Shields, meant to protect your shields from harm and lessen the bite of federation attack upon them.

If you find yourself inbetween Foundry missions, a STF or other matters of importance, then pop into Ker'rat and seek out those warriors of the Empire you see, team and learn the true strength of the KDF - Teamwork.

Many thanks to Star*Dagger for offering to help with the KAW2 events, as well as dispatching more than one fed who took a great interest in me in combat. It was a "sensation" to remember.

I was more than a little saddened that no one took me up on my offer to train BOffs isn the Tactical and Science skill choices, if they needed such, but I will continue to offer such if the need arises. Just contact me @Roach ingame via PM and if not in a STF or other mission, I will glady drop what I'm doing to help.

Today (4/3) I was thinking I may attempt to follow the Path of the Warrior missions and if any are willing feel free to contact me ingame. I tend to be online at or around 4pm CST USA time, and unless RL drags me away for an emergency I should be online at such time today.
Here is a link to the STOwiki info on the missions; http://www.stowiki.org/Mission:_Pi_C...of_the_Warrior
They do have optionals so a little advance study may be helpful.

Fight with Honor!!
Lt. Commander
# 119
04-03-2012, 03:34 PM

Currently in the ALL-DAY EVENT category for April 3, 2012:

* KDF Foundry mission "Neutral Zone Infraction" (ST-HBXOQSE43) by Alexandus5787. (Join an open team for this mission, if you can!)
Plus hourly Foundry mission recommendations, all within the KAW #2 Guide Book! Seek out an adventure! Play as a member of the Klingon faction!

* Update STOwiki.org! We're asking dedicated STO players to update this public STO-based wiki website. (And STO Foundry authors/devs! Add your missions there, too!)

* Dress up for Saturday! The KAW #2 Costume Contest takes place this Saturday! Deadline to enter is fast approaching!

* Pre-register for this Saturday's Bat'leth tournament, courtesy of GatesofStovokor.com and Targs (Tribbles) in Ecstacy!

* Develop a Klingon Foundry mission!

* Collect a Historical Datachip on Qo'noS (Klingon Academy) -- and learn lore about the Klingon faction!

* Listen to your favorite STO broadcast! STOked! Targs (Tribbles) in Ecstacy! BitesizeUGC! PodcastUGC! BroadcastUGC! GatesofStovokor.com! (Among others!)

Coming after 10pm PDT, Monday, April 3, 2012:

* Interview #3 on StarbaseUGC.com with a KDF Foundry developer! See how he was motivated to create his mission. Perhaps you'll find similar inspiration to make your own, too! (This is the third article in a week-long series on StarbaseUGC.com.)

* Wednesday, April 4: Version 1.2 of the KAW #2 Guide Book!
Lt. Commander
# 120
04-04-2012, 02:38 AM

Currently in the ALL-DAY EVENT category for April 4, 2012:

* KDF Foundry mission "Talking to Old Soldiers" (ST-HQEJBDNYH) by SableWraith. (Join an open team for this mission, if you can!)

*** VERY IMPORTANT ***

* The KAW #2 Costume Contest takes place this Saturday! Deadline to enter is fast approaching! Prizes to be won!

* Pre-register for this Saturday's Bat'leth tournament, courtesy of GatesofStovokor.com and Targs (Tribbles) in Ecstacy! Prizes to be won!

* If you find yourself inbetween Foundry missions, a STF or other matters of importance, then pop into Ker'rat and seek out those warriors of the Empire you see, team and learn the true strength of the KDF - Teamwork.

* Listen to your favorite STO broadcast! STOked! Targs (Tribbles) in Ecstacy! BitesizeUGC! PodcastUGC! BroadcastUGC! GatesofStovokor.com! (Among others!)

* Volunteer! Help a fellow player with questions, open team play, etc.

* Develop a Klingon Foundry mission! Find inspiration via sites like StarbaseUGC.com!

* Collect a Historical Datachip on Qo'noS (Klingon Academy) -- and learn lore about the Klingon faction!

Coming after 10pm PDT, Wednesday, April 4, 2012:

* Interview #4 on StarbaseUGC.com with a KDF Foundry author! (This is the fourth article in a week-long series on StarbaseUGC.com.)

* Brace yourself for the excitement of April 5, 2012: FIRST CONTACT DAY! And a NEW, OFFICIAL Klingon faction mission from Cryptic!! ("Alpha")