Lt. Commander
# 1 Nebula Class Retrofit?
03-09-2012, 07:40 PM
Recently, I was thinking that for my next ship, I would go out and buy the nebula class retrofit. The only problem is that I'm not sure how good of a science ship. I'm in desperate need of a science ship that is ideal for a Vice Admiral. For those of who own it, is it a good ship, what are some good things about it, and is it worth the C-points?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-09-2012, 08:11 PM
Its the only c-store science ship worth buying in my opinion.

Its extremely flexible and can be very powerful. Its the only science ship that can use warp plasma and gravity well 3 together. Those are massive dot attacks.

However, with the soon to come odyssey c-store version you may want to get the odyssey instead. Science wise the odyssey has better bridge officer slots and comes with a console that does something (the nebula refit console sadly is useless).

Granted, you may lose the commander level science slot but gravity well 1 does the same tractor pull that the 3 version does..and the damage you lose is more than made up for with the sheer firepower, tank ability and much better flexibility the odyssey will have.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-09-2012, 08:13 PM
Yes its a good ship although the turn rate is less than other sci ship but has the hull of a cruiser. I guess that would be up/down side of the ship besides that I do use it on two of my sci characters although I did not buy it with C-points I got it for emblems before F2P so if I want it now for my other sci toons I would have to use C-points but am in no rush to do that yet. Anyways I am only one opinion here hope others can give you some as well if nothing else find someone in game that's flying it and ask them never hurts to ask around.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-09-2012, 08:22 PM
The Neb' is a really good science ship. I switch between that and the Trident class all the time. I especially like using the Neb' in FvK PvP with my group, it can provide strong science powers and use more engineering abilities to stregthen that area too.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-10-2012, 03:26 PM
the nebula is a fantastic ship. It can be used as a science ship primary, or as a tactical light cruiser or as a engineer cruiser. the turn rate isn't as bad as it has 3 engineer slots so a RCS +35 console can be equipped to solve that issue.

For me if i'm flying science its between the current ships Nebula or Luna class. The luna is also a very good ship
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-10-2012, 03:34 PM
I like the universal ens slot but for a sci ship the Luna has a better boff arrangement for my play style
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-11-2012, 01:48 AM
I own it, is run it as a persuedo tactical cruiser, its good, but the 2 tac consoles slots and te lack of weaponary let it down