Lt. Commander
# 1 Infected Ground Elite Optional
03-09-2012, 09:20 AM
Hi,

I mentioned this on the chat channel, but is there a tried and true way to beat the optional in Infected Ground (elite)? Seems like any group we put together can get to ogden, but only have 1.5 minutes left for the last 6.

We thought of skipping groups and hope they don't agro or attack from behind, using a whole group of split beam (but I think this causes too much adaption), pulling the room etc..

I'm not talking pug, but pre-made teams. All guides say to not trip the room, but even with that it seems to be a time issue. Any help would be appreciated. I know this one optional is holding back a bunch of people on accolades.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-09-2012, 10:48 AM
As far as I know, a crack squad using double sniper rifles (stagger the cooldowns) and Tribbles of Borg help, but I haven't done Ground enough myself...
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-09-2012, 11:13 AM
I've had some success with the "two team" distraction method mentioned in Naldoran's Elite Tactical Reports - A Guide to STFs on Elite Difficulty though I haven't completed the optional since I usually pug my STFs. We've gotten close several times. A pre-organized team could absolutely pull it off that way.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-09-2012, 11:26 AM
we've had a team at 8/10, and time runs out. which sucks to have time out and not really loose the dudes.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by O_Farmer
I've had some success with the "two team" distraction method mentioned in Naldoran's Elite Tactical Reports - A Guide to STFs on Elite Difficulty though I haven't completed the optional since I usually pug my STFs. We've gotten close several times. A pre-organized team could absolutely pull it off that way.
Yes, a preorganized team is very able to pull it off this way, with several minutes left if not a single mistake happens btw.
The two team tactic is btw essential for pulling this off.

I'm not a fan of naming the teams left and right though as some people got confused by it, even within our own fleet.
The answer I got when bringing this to our fleetlead was, that we had different names before, but people got confused as soon as both teams had to kill workers

So an essential part is figuring the following out:

As long as there is only one worker group the RIGHT Team is responsible for killing the workers, while the left team has to kill the heavy tactical drones.
The other essential part of it is to know where the trigger lines are.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-14-2012, 08:11 AM
Alright this is getting frustrating, I keep getting to 8/10 and run out of time. I think at this point I am willing to pay a team of 4 who can get it done to show me what to do. Energy credits, loot what ever. This is driving me crazy.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-14-2012, 10:02 AM
How much in the way of EC are we talking? If the price is right, perhaps something could be arranged. Send me a PM if that's a serious offer.

Btw, Dracon_Darknight is right about name confusion, I'm going to go through my guide now and change the team names to 'Distraction' and 'Rescue' to help with that.