Lt. Commander
...probebly crappy lol /cry anyway

Hey peeps, i played for a while when the game first started but quit soon after, decided to come back and have another go - enjoying myself so far .

Got to level 50 and this is my ship so far, i have very little EC at the moment, is there anything i can do to improve my ship.

Thanks for any replies you can give

Tactical captain (not really an engie of sciencey person lol)

Star Cruiser

Front
Plasma Beam Array mk XI X3
Breen cluster torp (love the thing with all the lil clusters lol)

Back
Quantum mine launcher
Plasma Beam Array mk XI X2
Breen cluster torp

lol get the feeling i love mines

Jem'hadar deflector, shields and engines (Shields as of tomorrow, currently have the Breen ones)

Diburnium Hull mk X
Ablative hull mk X x2
Field emitter mk X (this is one i will probebly have to swap out for something better i feel but not sure lol)

Assimilated module
Field generator XI
Shield Emitter mk X

Plasma Infuser mk X x2

Tactical team 1 , Attack Pattern Delta 1
Emergency power to weapons 1 , Emergency power to shields 2, Reverse shield polarity 2, Aceton beam 2
Emergency power to shields 1, Engineering team 2, Directed energy modulation 2
Jam targetting sensors, Tractor beam 2
Science team 1

Emergency power to shields 1 i can take out but not sure what for, normally i love getting close to the target, tractor beam so they cant run and drop as many mines as i can on them so they can shoot the cluster torp down in time lol
I like the plasma weapons as they can do loads of extra damage due to the proc

I have the relevent weapon/mines damage skills to maximum and armour ones also
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-09-2012, 10:42 AM
prolly gonna get flak for having a TAC in a star cruiser but I do the same.

I'm a beam boat though with 7 phasers and 1 quantum torp. So I play it a bit differently from you. I typically run with 105 weapons power.

my tac boff has torp 1 and FAW (poor will)

Eng 1 has emerg to shileds 1, extend shields, and vent warp plasma I

Eng 2 has hull crew 1, emerg to shields II, reverse shield polarity, and vent warp plasma II

Sci has jam sensors and tractor beam.

still playing around with sci 2. (ensign)

sci consoles are shield buffs, tac consoles are phaser buffs and eng consoles are hull/eng/turn buffs.

space doffs buff damage mostly.

I usually enter a fight using torp 1 to fire 2 torps at one on the weakest target in the area and then popping alpha and FAW. The weakest is typically gone after the first volley and the next weakest with the 2nd FAW volley (this is PvE) Then I focus broad sides at the biggest target till it's shields are down on that side hit evasive menuvers and vent plasma II to catch everyone in it and finish the biggest target off. By that time I hit vent plasma I and catch anything left in it and use a FAW to finish everyone off.

Still playing around with the build but it's pretty fun to trap everyone and destroy them while they are sitting ducks.

If any 1 target is giving me greif I hit them with the sensor jam, use the tractor to stop escapers, and use the shield buffs when I need them.

I like how durable the star cruiser is and how long I can keep in a group of enemies before even having to hit a buff. This allows me to plan the timing between reverse polarity, emergency to shields 1 and 2, and redestribute shields. (btw love the cool down on redristribute, love)
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-09-2012, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verlaine View Post
...probebly crappy lol /cry anyway

Hey peeps, i played for a while when the game first started but quit soon after, decided to come back and have another go - enjoying myself so far .

Got to level 50 and this is my ship so far, i have very little EC at the moment, is there anything i can do to improve my ship.

Thanks for any replies you can give

Tactical captain (not really an engie of sciencey person lol)

Star Cruiser

Front
Plasma Beam Array mk XI X3
Breen cluster torp (love the thing with all the lil clusters lol)

Back
Quantum mine launcher
Plasma Beam Array mk XI X2
Breen cluster torp

lol get the feeling i love mines

Jem'hadar deflector, shields and engines (Shields as of tomorrow, currently have the Breen ones)

Diburnium Hull mk X
Ablative hull mk X x2
Field emitter mk X (this is one i will probebly have to swap out for something better i feel but not sure lol)

Assimilated module
Field generator XI
Shield Emitter mk X

Plasma Infuser mk X x2

Tactical team 1 , Attack Pattern Delta 1
Emergency power to weapons 1 , Emergency power to shields 2, Reverse shield polarity 2, Aceton beam 2
Emergency power to shields 1, Engineering team 2, Directed energy modulation 2
Jam targetting sensors, Tractor beam 2
Science team 1

Emergency power to shields 1 i can take out but not sure what for, normally i love getting close to the target, tractor beam so they cant run and drop as many mines as i can on them so they can shoot the cluster torp down in time lol
I like the plasma weapons as they can do loads of extra damage due to the proc

I have the relevent weapon/mines damage skills to maximum and armour ones also
FYI, While plasma may work alright in regular missions, It's kinda looked down upon in end game content and especially in PVP. On the flipside it also tends to be the cheapest and most easily acquired weaponry so if you don't intend to foray into the realm of PVP then you're probably good to go. That said if you're getting the Jem'hadar set, why not pick up polaron gear?

Secondly, Only one hull heal? Hazard Emitters are your friend, since they can be used to clear a number of debuffs (borg shield drain, plasma dot). There's also no real need to drop EPTS1, since you can chain it with EPTS2 to constantly boost your shield levels. If you enjoy point-blank mining people you may want to consider Eject Warp Plasma over Aceton Beam, in order to root people in place (even more effective with matter/antimatter doffs) and you can alternate using it and tractor beam.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-09-2012, 11:36 AM
the breen torpedos are trasphasic I think. maybe replace the quantum with a transphasic mine layer? would a transphasic consol help with the mines?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-09-2012, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Gast
FYI, While plasma may work alright in regular missions, It's kinda looked down upon in end game content and especially in PVP. On the flipside it also tends to be the cheapest and most easily acquired weaponry so if you don't intend to foray into the realm of PVP then you're probably good to go. That said if you're getting the Jem'hadar set, why not pick up polaron gear?

Secondly, Only one hull heal? Hazard Emitters are your friend, since they can be used to clear a number of debuffs (borg shield drain, plasma dot). There's also no real need to drop EPTS1, since you can chain it with EPTS2 to constantly boost your shield levels. If you enjoy point-blank mining people you may want to consider Eject Warp Plasma over Aceton Beam, in order to root people in place (even more effective with matter/antimatter doffs) and you can alternate using it and tractor beam.

Thanks for the advice - and to the other peeps given out to me so far - i think the Eject Warp Plasma would be better for me and ill look at Hazard emitters

I dont have the EC atm to try out a set of Polaron yet - until my stippend next week which i can turn into EC - but i defenetly will try it out as the new set is supposed to give them a bonus
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-09-2012, 02:18 PM
remember that weapon specific tac sllot buffs offer an 8% improvment over "all energy ones" you might want to pick up some polaron damage buffs if you're trying them out. Kind of a bummer everythign becomes bound when equipped, makes it hard to try things out when you're low on credits.