Lt. Commander
# 1 Cryptic Public PvP Channels
03-08-2012, 04:20 PM
Alright, we are all having some fun with the latest channel drama. I doubt it will be the last time such dramas occur (Its not the first time and no I am not just bitter about past mutes over nothing)... here is the thing.

Opvp Is NOT a public channel. I understand that mods are members of the community ect ect... and yes a bunch of the mods are in one fleet. I don't really care the channel is not public and they can care for the channel anyway they wish... they can ban and mute whom ever they like. They don't need to apologize for that one little bit... they don't need to build bridges mend fences or do anything at all they don't want too.. That channel is run by them and that's just the way it is...

Now too the point... CRYPTIC you say you want too make the next big update more PvP focused... you want too add a new ground map ect ect...

I would also like to request that you create 3 new chat channels.... OPEN Public... no In game player moderation. I want PvP equivalent zone chats....

When a new player creates a toon I want them too have Local / Zone / GroundPvP / SpacePvP / PremadePvP
3 new channels run by no one... ruled by the same rules that zone chat is ruled by... meaning people can be reported things that would get them in hot water in a zone chat would apply in these channels as well....

Its a simple add that costs you little in the way of invested time... in fact it will save you from future forum moderation duties.

Have a good one.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-08-2012, 04:23 PM
Husanaky, Husanaky, Husanaky...
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-08-2012, 04:27 PM
Good idea, though I would drop it to 2 channels, just ground and space. There is no reason to segregate premades. Bad timing, the shard is down and the forums are getting a little hostile. Good luck.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-08-2012, 04:30 PM
im still waiting for my offical lifetimer chat channel that was promised back since beta and has yet to appear....

but im all for a public offical pvp chat channel. the only thing is i think there would be a requirement of at least 10 pvp matches before joining so we dont get a bunch of people just to troll/grief us.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-08-2012, 04:32 PM
There as joke in here somewhere..... gimme a minute.....

nah. got nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-08-2012, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmr1580 View Post
Good idea, though I would drop it to 2 channels, just ground and space. There is no reason to segregate premades. Bad timing, the shard is down and the forums are getting a little hostile. Good luck.
Ya not like Cryptic would do anything too bolster pvp anyway.... a year an half old sticky too Opvp is about the most we could ever hope fore.... really though would be good too open a chat too new players day one, we can still hang out and keep Opvp, I am not advocating its deletion... really though its not the "Public" PvP chat channel, its a player run one, which is cool... but having no other in game cross zone pvp channel means these types of things will happen when ever someone gets in a disagreement where one person chooses too end it by enacting there Mute power.

I remember well getting muted for something someone I played the game with said. Too be frank it still burns my bottom, now I feel the people that have op priv in Opvp are all level headed people ect ect ect... Still must be tempting too just hit /mute cause you don't agree with someone... and honesty that's there right the channel belongs too those people. I am not really a fan of the appearance that that channel is public... it seems most people don't even realize it isn't.

Still my suggestion to Cryptic has nothing too do with Opvp... and everything too do with getting more people into PvP from day one... letting more new PvP players in on discussions about PVP. We all understand that people get better 10 fold after a few days being subbed to Opvp. Why make it an optional thing... create Cryptic cross zone pvp lounges. If people don't ever want to pvp they can unclick the channels in there chat options... but turn them on by default.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-08-2012, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
im still waiting for my offical lifetimer chat channel that was promised back since beta and has yet to appear....

but im all for a public offical pvp chat channel. the only thing is i think there would be a requirement of at least 10 pvp matches before joining so we dont get a bunch of people just to troll/grief us.
Its called.... /ignore. If people want to come in there troll and get ignored by 20 people and get a 24 hour silence. Let them. We have nothing too fear from the masses. Too be honest it wouldn't replace Opvp... having a channel for the "hardcore" or longtime players how ever you want too look at it is fine. They can remove the sticky (lol I kid)... Really though it would mean if someone who has the power in Opvp wants too mute some one so be it... back too the wilds friend.

Of course.... they could create a pvp match accolade.... and have it auto join people when they get it. (sounds like a good make work project. lol)
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-08-2012, 04:42 PM
More people in pvp chats is a cool idea and all, but I'm not sure I would want every new account autojoined. I mean, have you seen the zone chats since F2P
Perhaps after a prerequisite is met or something...
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-09-2012, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post

I thought there is such a thing. AT least I am subscribed to something like that. I never seen anyone write there, though.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-09-2012, 06:59 AM
ugh, Itll turn into ESD zone chat. Nothing will get accomplished here... aaand im out