Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
You guys have a major bug in the Dilithium exchange. I had an exchange balance and when I went to put c-point up for sale you took them from my personal balance. You need to fix this right away and return my C-points to where they are suppose to be. I summited a report, but because of your bug I cannot use these points for anything in Champions Online right now and this is WRONG!!!!

You need to fix this right away before you start locking everyone points into STO..., you also need to fix the code in your exchange to remove any remaining exchange funds BEFORE taking it from your personal balance!

Please get my account fixed.....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
03-09-2012, 11:27 AM
my points have actually gotten stuck in the exchange. i tried to buy 10 points at 230 dilithium and it would not go through. i tried to then cancel it and it said there was an internal error.

i used a different character to test it, tried to buy another 10 points and that also got stuck. so i cant use the exchange at all at the moment, although ive yet to encounter anyone else with the same problem as me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
03-09-2012, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psytce View Post
You guys have a major bug in the Dilithium exchange. I had an exchange balance and when I went to put c-point up for sale you took them from my personal balance. You need to fix this right away and return my C-points to where they are suppose to be. I summited a report, but because of your bug I cannot use these points for anything in Champions Online right now and this is WRONG!!!!
Admittedly I do not recall what the Devs actually said about how this is supposed to work.

But why are you assuming it is a bug and not working as designed?

From what I recall, it is supposed to draw from your STO-locked C-Points first and then from your general balance. However, if I am right, you do have to claim your Dilithium-purchased C-Points before they are added to your balance of locked points.

So, if you had a balance of locked points that you had actually claimed from the exchange, and it drew from your general balance instead, I believe that is a bug. Or else I am not remembering what the Devs said correctly.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
03-09-2012, 11:52 AM
It is not working as designed because I no longer have those points available to my Champions Online account! I put up a sale of 4000 points, I cancelled that sale to change the price. I put a new offer up and instead of using the 4000 point in my exchange balance, it took it from my personal balance and now all of those 8000 points are locked into Star Trek .... and they should not be!!!! I only wanted to sell 4000 points and when I cancelled that sale and placed a new sale up it should use the same 4000 points, not take another 4000 points out of my personal balance, so it is a BUG.....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
03-09-2012, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psytce View Post
It is not working as designed because I no longer have those points available to my Champions Online account! I put up a sale of 4000 points, I cancelled that sale to change the price. I put a new offer up and instead of using the 4000 point in my exchange balance, it took it from my personal balance and now all of those 8000 points are locked into Star Trek .... and they should not be!!!! I only wanted to sell 4000 points and when I cancelled that sale and placed a new sale up it should use the same 4000 points, not take another 4000 points out of my personal balance, so it is a BUG.....
but did you cancel and then withdraw back into your account. i think that is what bluegeek is asking.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
03-09-2012, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
but did you cancel and then withdraw back into your account. i think that is what bluegeek is asking.
I shouldn't have to withdraw them, they should use them first before taking anything from your personal balance..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
03-09-2012, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psytce View Post
I shouldn't have to withdraw them, they should use them first before taking anything from your personal balance..
so i assume that means the answer is no.

it probably should work that way, and i would have probably made the same mistake myself as its easy to assume it will take from the balance, however it may be working as intended, even if it seems wrong.

all you can do now is send a ticket, explain the situation and see what they say.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
03-09-2012, 12:10 PM
I put 4000 up for sale and when i did it asked me about taking if from my personal balance and I said OK, I then cancelled that sale and put up a new sale and the pop-up did not ask about taking it from my personal balance, but then it did..... I want those 4000 points back!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
03-09-2012, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psytce View Post
I put 4000 up for sale and when i did it asked me about taking if from my personal balance and I said OK, I then cancelled that sale and put up a new sale and the pop-up did not ask about taking it from my personal balance, but then it did..... I want those 4000 points back!
The second you clicked "ok" those 4,000 personal balance C-Points became STO only C-Points. When you canceled that sale they remained STO only C-Points. If you then put up another 4000 points for sale but did not have enough in your personal balance it would have automatically drawn from your STO only balance and not asked you.

As to your original question, yes I have noticed that the dil exchange seems to draw from the players personal balance first and Iím sure this is by design. Though I wish it was the other way around.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
03-09-2012, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presticus View Post
The second you clicked "ok" those 4,000 personal balance C-Points became STO only C-Points. When you canceled that sale they remained STO only C-Points. If you then put up another 4000 points for sale but did not have enough in your personal balance it would have automatically drawn from your STO only balance and not asked you.

As to your original question, yes I have noticed that the dil exchange seems to draw from the players personal balance first and Iím sure this is by design. Though I wish it was the other way around.
You are wrong in your assumption, I had over 8000 C-Points ..... My problem isn't that it made 4000 points STO only, it made 8000 points STO only and it shouldn't have done that.....

I took 4000 and put them up for sale, the pop-up had the warning about taking it from my personal balance and how it would be lock into Star Trek Online. I cancelled that sale which put the 4000 points into my exchange balance. when I made the next sale up the pop-up DID NOT have the personal balance warning, yet it still took the points from my personal balance instead of my exchange balance.

It is wrong twice, once for not using my exchange balance and second for not giving me a warning that it was going to take it from my personal balance.... one way or another there is a bug......
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:37 PM.