Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
03-10-2012, 11:45 AM
So I guess I'm screwed out of my points and now they are all locked into Star Trek because you guys don't know how to code. This bug has cost me over 1600 points that I had available to my champions account and I bought for my champions account and now you have them locked into Star Trek... I have gotten no answer from CS except write a bug report, I wrote that but who is going to fix the 1600 points that I no longer have available to my Champions account? I guess you will just do what you always do, just ignore it and it will go away....

Thanks for nothing, except for taking $20.00 and locking into Star trek and making sure you never get another dime from me again!
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-10-2012, 12:00 PM
Known bug, raised and ignored during Tribble testing and warned about when it hit live. Most reasonable folk can see it's a problem, and I'm sorry you ran afoul of it.

It seems a bit incongruous that the STO team don't recognize the revenue from these locked points until they're spent in the C-Store. That would imply the STO team can be 'starved' of revenue from the simple act of buying up C-Points with Dilithium and refusing to spend them.

The money's got to go somewhere, so where does it go?
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-10-2012, 12:03 PM
[Snarky remark removed]

Just file a ticket and hope they fix it. If they don't consider it a lesson learned about doing something a second time and expecting a different result when the first attempt screws up.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-10-2012, 12:04 PM
The ad hominem is strong in this thread.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-12-2012, 12:01 PM
So It has been 3 days and still no deb action ... why I'm I not surprised ....

Hey Brandon add this to your feedback .... Wait just is just as useless ... Here is what happened and now i'm out about 1600 C-Points for Champions Online and I will never spend any of my own money on either game again unless this gets fixed!!!!!

I went to sell 4000 C-Points, it was taken from my personal balance and put up for sale. I cancelled that sale, so now I have 4000 in my exchange balance and 4900 in my personal balance, which includes my points for champions. I went to place the 4000 back up for sale. When I did I did not get a warning saying it would take the points from my personal balance so I was expecting it to be taken from my exchange balance .... BUT GUESS WHAT HAPPENED ..... It was taken from my personal balance and now I'm stuck with 8000 of my points tied into STAR TREK .... I've asked Customer service to fix this, but get told it is a coding issue and to write a bug report, which I have done, but I still did not get my points returned to me and all 8000 points are now locked into STAR TREK .... It has been over 4 days with no response ...... so I guess I'm screwed again ...... Just like always!
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-12-2012, 12:26 PM
Since it seems that this bug ultimately favours the STO team's money balance and they have ignored the issue ever since the dilithium exchange was on tribble, maybe you could try to get the Champions team to respond to the issue? They might object to STO snatching what could be their money.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
Since it seems that this bug ultimately favours the STO team's money balance and they have ignored the issue ever since the dilithium exchange was on tribble, maybe you could try to get the Champions team to respond to the issue? They might object to STO snatching what could be their money.
It's all Perfect World's money.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-12-2012, 02:00 PM
I'm guessing that the act of initiating the sale immediately and "irrovocably" (from the player's point of view) converts the C-Points into being bound.

It might not be a "bug" but it's certainly not good.

Frankly, I think the whole thing is silly. The initial reason to bind points to one game or the other is because of Lifetime subs and now that both CO and STO are Freemium games should mean they have even less reason to do that.

So what if a CO Lifer spends his measly stipend on STO, or vice versa?

Granted, CO does not yet have any equivalent for the Dilithium economy that I know of and that's the sticking point. They don't want people grinding Dil in this game to "buy" C-Store points for spending in CO.

But bound points can only hurt sales over the long run, especially in situations like this.

The real solution is to institute some form of "time-based currency" and C-point exchange across all of their games and unbind the points so they can be spent on whichever game takes a person's fancy that day. Somebody still has to buy the C-Store points up front and they'll be more willing to do that when the points can be freely spent on any Cryptic game.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-12-2012, 04:14 PM
Added to my list of feedback.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-12-2012, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
Added to my list of feedback.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
You're telling the devs what they already know, and have known for over 4 months now. When is the fix coming?