Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
03-09-2012, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
i wonder how many still dont realise you can turn of the shield ring quadrants during combat?
Cryptic could reactivate that Mission Hail thing from a few weeks ago and we can fly around and see how many ships randomly stop in the Sectors?
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-09-2012, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
i wonder how many still dont realise you can turn of the shield ring quadrants during combat?
Wait why would you want to do that? It's good to know what side of a ship is weakest!
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-09-2012, 03:02 PM
The behaviour of 'emergency brake when called' is arguably quite realistic because there are a lot of drivers today who jam on the brakes when they get distracted by anything from young ladies to the side of the road, an incoming sms, a dropped french fry, accident on another road 1/4 mile away... etc etc

As for whether joysticks work in STO - they do but they are over sensitive and you need a joy2key mapping software to do the key/button assignments.

An Xbox controller is much easier to use actually.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-09-2012, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgatag
Wait why would you want to do that? It's good to know what side of a ship is weakest!
I personally quite enjoy not seeing the shields around my ship, has a movie feel to it, but for telling which side is weakest look at your ship avatar
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-09-2012, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
This is important because a lot of players don't realize you can turn off that "stop when pop-up appears" system in the game.
However the alternative is:
  • Crash into, or fly past, all large objects.
  • Still have a backlog of Sector Traffic Control popups.
  • Get stuck before your destination.

If you fly past several sector borders, the popups will stack up. Upon reaching your destination, if you click the pop up on the screen to travel, it will actually take you all the way back to the first sector you passed.

The on/off option in the options menu is simply trading one bad option for another.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-09-2012, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgatag
Two reasons

1) more trek feeling and just looks pretty!

2) You still get that in your HUD, and you want to be checking that for knowing what buffs/Debuffs your traget has. So it just gets you into that habit which helps your over all skills.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-09-2012, 03:20 PM
What I want to know is how long it took the Enterprise to return to Earth after ejecting the warp core.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-09-2012, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightionNY View Post
What I want to know is how long it took the Enterprise to return to Earth after ejecting the warp core.
Maybe they had the same magical systems that Voyager did and just... replicated a new one? or something like that? :p
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-09-2012, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by temprus View Post
Nah, he gave up that option in "Hide and Q".
Maybe he just created an illusion to make it look that way so everyone would get off his back.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-09-2012, 03:49 PM
Alternative: Picard never left the Nexus.

He just thought he did.

All of the timelines since then are just the product of his Irumodic syndrome addled brain dreaming up conflicting fantasies.