Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
03-09-2012, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunnlang
However the alternative is:
  • Crash into, or fly past, all large objects.
  • Still have a backlog of Sector Traffic Control popups.
  • Get stuck before your destination.

If you fly past several sector borders, the popups will stack up. Upon reaching your destination, if you click the pop up on the screen to travel, it will actually take you all the way back to the first sector you passed.

The on/off option in the options menu is simply trading one bad option for another.
I've been playing for 2 years with it OFF and I've never had any of those problems. If I tell my ship to go to P'Jem it goes to P'Jem and stops when it gets there, whether I get pop-ups or not.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-09-2012, 05:33 PM
I think that the "Most of the main characters are on the ship so it will survive anything" theory applies.

Then there is the corollary: "When there are no main characters on the ship, the ship goes boom."
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-09-2012, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizarone View Post
Then there is the corollary: "When there are no main characters on the ship, the ship goes boom."
Note how in Generations, the Enterprise-D's stardrive section exploded mere seconds after all of the main cast evacuated from it?
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-10-2012, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamPD View Post
Lol, do joysticks work with STO? :p

You may have a point...La forge did say "We're burning deuterium down here!", heh
1.Yes joysticks work with STO.

2.Because it is the Enterprise shouldn't that be the reason why it can do anything. Also just think about the Riker maneuver I wish it was in STO.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-11-2012, 07:07 AM
Picard Received A Galor Class Starship!
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-11-2012, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightionNY View Post
What I want to know is how long it took the Enterprise to return to Earth after ejecting the warp core.
The obvious answer is someone towed them.

You think they'd build a space navy without space tugboats?
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-11-2012, 09:03 PM
If a Danube class runabout is able to tow a Galor class cruiser, then something a bit larger (such a a Defiant) should be powerful enough to tow a Sovereign.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-11-2012, 11:00 PM
Starfleet could also send out the Corps of Engineers, with a replacement warp drive, or even a temporary "spare tire" warp drive for such a ship.

It may take a couple of weeks to get into place and hooked up, but that beats the decades or centuries of limping along at impulse.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-11-2012, 11:24 PM
Yeah... I figured it would be something like that... but whenever I think about La Forge ejecting the warp core in Insurrection, I just wanna scream "Hey, what a great idea! Eject the warp core to keep the ship from being destroyed! What, did you read the Engineering 101 manual after Generations?"

Don't get me started on the idiocy surrounding the Engineering department of the Enterprise(s) in the TNG movies....

I'd like to see a runabout tow a cruiser at warp, though.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-11-2012, 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
Starfleet could also send out the Corps of Engineers, with a replacement warp drive, or even a temporary "spare tire" warp drive for such a ship.

It may take a couple of weeks to get into place and hooked up, but that beats the decades or centuries of limping along at impulse.
Auxillary warp cores which there was a famous ship that had one in canon