Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
03-12-2012, 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuxidemus
Auxillary warp cores which there was a famous ship that had one in canon
In MSDs and sketsches only. Whenever they somehow "lost" their core, the famous ship's crew suddenly forgot all about their auxillary warp core...
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-12-2012, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightionNY View Post
What I want to know is how long it took the Enterprise to return to Earth after ejecting the warp core.
They didn't. All Riker had to do was make it to the edge of the Briar Patch to contact the Federation Council. IIRC, Picard makes a remark about the new core being installed during his log at the end.
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-12-2012, 01:17 AM
The Enterprise didn't even need to fly to the edge of the Briar Patch. They could've just send a shuttle that made the distress call. It doesn't seem likely that they spent months in the Briar Patch or something - that was likely a matter of days.

As Tumerboy said, I can only imagine that Starfleet got a couple of spare warp cores lying around. Those kinds of things must happen rather often with a fleet that big (and exploration-savvy).
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-12-2012, 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint01
1) Riker disabled that option in the options menu

2) Evasive maneuvers and Deuterium tanks. Duh.
Best reply... EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by corgatag
Wait why would you want to do that? It's good to know what side of a ship is weakest!
Because it is ugly?

Also, I don't have time to look at the space-area of the screen during combat... My focus is on the HUD during combat... (minimap, enemy indicators on the border of the screen, skill tray, ship status thinge (wich also shows how much shield you have).
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-12-2012, 06:16 AM
Starfleet Tug Ship!

Forget the Ambassador class - I want me a tug ship!
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-12-2012, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint01
Quote:
talking to bridge officers in star trek (online) means ships decloak and stop immediately.
Riker disabled that option in the options menu
Fail. There is no option for "do NOT decloak when any npc starts talking to you".

Also, getting uncloaked smack in the middle of a thousand angry romulans on Big Dig because some idiot npc wants to talk to you about plants is dumb.
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-12-2012, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightionNY View Post
Yeah... I figured it would be something like that... but whenever I think about La Forge ejecting the warp core in Insurrection, I just wanna scream "Hey, what a great idea! Eject the warp core to keep the ship from being destroyed! What, did you read the Engineering 101 manual after Generations?"
He wasn't thinking straight. He was captured and tortured then when he got back to the Enterprise they removed the nano probe and sent him back to work on the same day .... :p

I blame Crusher
Lt. Commander
# 38
03-12-2012, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
Starfleet could also send out the Corps of Engineers, with a replacement warp drive, or even a temporary "spare tire" warp drive for such a ship.

It may take a couple of weeks to get into place and hooked up, but that beats the decades or centuries of limping along at impulse.
OF they could have a spare warp core in cold storage like Voyager did. The MSD display show a second warp core in the secondary hull. According to Dub Drexler the secondary warp core was in cold storage. It would have to be unloaded loaded, assembled and installed on the ship in 2 weeks, IIRC.
Lt. Commander
# 39
03-12-2012, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by divycom View Post
Starfleet Tug Ship!

Forget the Ambassador class - I want me a tug ship!

That was a great model, but I like Andrew Probert's new Starfleet tug he made for the new Ships calendar:

http://drexfiles.wordpress.com/2011/...probert-style/

Lt. Commander
# 40
03-13-2012, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
Starfleet could also send out the Corps of Engineers, with a replacement warp drive, or even a temporary "spare tire" warp drive for such a ship.

It may take a couple of weeks to get into place and hooked up, but that beats the decades or centuries of limping along at impulse.
Star Fleet can tow ships at warp. Most likley a specilazed ship was sent to tow the Enterprise back to earth, where it underwent its refit.