Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
03-10-2012, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron
Yes but I dont like that
Okay, but that's just your opinion. I personally like how they have implemented these mechanics thus far. And I wholly agree that anything resembling MVAM in its execution should stay within the realm of the Advanced Escort's ability, as CaptainGecko himself stated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus01 View Post
The C-Store Odyssey is not a +1. The free ones were just more like prototype according to Al on STOKED.
I call the C-Store versions of the Odyssey +1 versions because they have different console arrangements, as well as coming with a special ability console. To me, that is what makes them +1 versions.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
03-10-2012, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT01 View Post
Okay, but that's just your opinion. I personally like how they have implemented these mechanics thus far. And I wholly agree that anything resembling MVAM in its execution should stay within the realm of the Advanced Escort's ability, as CaptainGecko himself stated.



I call the C-Store versions of the Odyssey +1 versions because they have different console arrangements, as well as coming with a special ability console. To me, that is what makes them +1 versions.
what if they do make a +1 version, what will you call that? I do understand your reasoning for calling it a +1.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
03-10-2012, 09:38 AM
I think the implication is that unlike the MVAE you don't get to pick which sub-component you command. The saucer and escort launch and do their own thing while you stay in command of the engineering section.

I just hope the combat pet AI has been improved. The reason I stopped playing my MVAE was that the sub-components tended to fly off to remote points on the map for no apparent reason.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
03-10-2012, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKeith2011
I think the implication is that unlike the MVAE you don't get to pick which sub-component you command. The saucer and escort launch and do their own thing while you stay in command of the engineering section.

I just hope the combat pet AI has been improved. The reason I stopped playing my MVAE was that the sub-components tended to fly off to remote points on the map for no apparent reason.
It's been explicitly stated that that' exactly how it's going to work.
Personally, I've never had any problem with my NPC controlled ship sections. They've always been pretty useful in a fight, and don't seem to randomly fly off to explore the map of their own accord.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
03-10-2012, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkuu_Akagan
Also the Tal'Kyr is easily as big as the Miranda or Constitution class ships in the game and BIGGER than the Oberth.

Sooo it COULD be a flyable craft but it IS unlikely considering it is supposed to be equipped with more of a real lower tier Escort's weapons.
This.

I loathe shuttle missions, and one of the biggest annoyances I have with them (is the way it keeps effing up my action tray, but also) the fact that I'm stuck in a hateful little ship that is nearly the same size as a bird of prey or Miranda class yet I can't use those, instead.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
03-10-2012, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT01 View Post
It's been explicitly stated that that' exactly how it's going to work.
Personally, I've never had any problem with my NPC controlled ship sections. They've always been pretty useful in a fight, and don't seem to randomly fly off to explore the map of their own accord.
I stopped playing it in stf's because they die so quickly they become a liability. The air needs to improve at least for that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
03-10-2012, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
I stopped playing it in stf's because they die so quickly they become a liability. The air needs to improve at least for that.
I find the MVAM useful for probe wrangling in KA, and to help take down Borg nanite ships in Infected, but again, that's just me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
03-10-2012, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT01 View Post
I find the MVAM useful for probe wrangling in KA, and to help take down Borg nanite ships in Infected, but again, that's just me.
Don't your ships blow up when the cube blow up?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
03-10-2012, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
Don't your ships blow up when the cube blow up?
I don't deploy MVAM for the cube, that's silly. It has Beam: Fire At Will, I don't need to give it more targets to shoot at. Plus, I have more HP if I stay connected for the cube fight.
No, it's better when I use MVAM to keep pesky KA probes from reaching the Stargate and to help get more firepower in on Borg nanite ships in Infected.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
03-10-2012, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT01 View Post
I don't deploy MVAM for the cube, that's silly. It has Beam: Fire At Will, I don't need to give it more targets to shoot at. Plus, I have more HP if I stay connected for the cube fight.
No, it's better when I use MVAM to keep pesky KA probes from reaching the Stargate and to help get more firepower in on Borg nanite ships in Infected.
And that is what bugs me about the mvam. I understand the idea of the cool down if the pets blow up but if you reign them in you should get a discount on that cooldown
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:19 AM.