Lt. Commander
# 11
03-09-2012, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jannus View Post
Except for the fact that the Orb of Possibilities isn't new. Getting a shard doesn't have to mean the Orb has been destroyed or anything either.

One way or the other, I can just about guarantee you that they won't be destroying DS9, even if they would be potentially replacing it with an exact duplicate.

Though I don't deny there's a strong possibility of the first part of your prediction - the planting of charges part. I mean, I kinda doubt it, but there's still a strong possibility - but those charges won't be detonated if they are planted I'm betting.

Besides, it's stated pretty clearly that we're being sent over with the changeling to negotiate for the transfer of the station back to Federation control. I'm expecting the current occupiers simply are in denial of the current reality enough that they refuse anyone entry to the station, locking out the airlocks and such. Thus necessitating EVA suits to board the station.

Realistically though, I just thought I'd offer my best guess; I'm not trying to make a solid prediction here, I have no interest in doing such a thing.
My whole post was kind of a joke, just pointing out that there could be a "plausible" (as in star-trekky science-sounding made up excuse to just make things work out)reason we destroy DS9, and still get to keep it in game
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-09-2012, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardoc
My whole post was kind of a joke, just pointing out that there could be a "plausible" (as in star-trekky science-sounding made up excuse to just make things work out)reason we destroy DS9, and still get to keep it in game
Kinda like that patrol you do on the federation side when you first start when that freighter explodes but its still there... prolly same deal same mistakes and nothing learned from said mistakes LOL. On the same token make sure after DS9 explodes at the end to make sure to go back to it and collect your stf rewards
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-09-2012, 08:19 PM
Quote:
life on the defiant...
life on the defiant....right after how he says hes sick of staying on bajor?

it concerns me that whoever wrote that can't keep a consistent story going in that small amount of text
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes85 View Post

it concerns me that whoever wrote that can't keep a consistent story going in that small amount of text
Gonna be nice now and hope they do the right thing and put some effort into what they do.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-09-2012, 09:32 PM
Quote:

"No offense to the good people of Bajor, but I'm glad to be back on the Defiant. It's not DS9, but

These past weeks have been rough on the crew. Half of my security team is still in sickbay and everyone else has been working double or triple shifts. People are on edge, petty disagreements are turning into fights life on a Defiant has never been easy, but now more than ever I need to get these people back to DS9."

What I took from this...they'd been living on Bajor for roughly three weeks, recently moved back to the Defiant, and are now starting to get jumpy. He didn't say anything about having been on the Defiant for weeks, just that they were now on the Defiant. Nothing wrong there.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-09-2012, 09:38 PM
Quote:

I interpreted it to mean that he was glad to be back on the Defiant because it felt more like home to him. Home can be cramped and spartan and otherwise not the best of places, but we still have our emotional attachments to it. Accommodations on a Defiant-class ship are similar to a present-day submarine (i.e. just barely adequate for several dozen people to be stuffed into for weeks on end), compared to the more spacious ones on big starships, which is why he's saying that "life is never easy" on one of them--crews on them are meant to endure them for much shorter spans than with ships like the Galaxy class that are meant to be semi-self-sustaining communities.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
Pretty obvious that it'll be ours again. :p

Sort of kills the point of these little messages...we know the outcome already.
If Cryptic were smart, they'd make sure the Feds DO lose DS9 in this Featured Episode.

Possibilities:
  • New Dominion Fleet Action set in the space around DS9 (replace DS9 Under Siege)
  • NEW GROUND INVASION of Bajor (could be an event like Defera)
  • New crafting/redemption store on Bajor for some Dominion items (cool DOffs, weapons, consumables, gear like those shadow mines)
  • Move the Borg stuff to a small outpost in Gamma Orionis (ending the silliness of Klingons on DS9 during wartime and replacing Battle Group Omega in one fell swoop)
  • Future access to a Gamma Quadrant sector via the wormhole (can tie a future FE to this)
  • A new Starbase in a nearby Sector Block for Feds
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-09-2012, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekrit_Agent
If Cryptic were smart, they'd make sure the Feds DO lose DS9 in this Featured Episode.

Possibilities:
  • New Dominion Fleet Action set in the space around DS9 (replace DS9 Under Siege)
  • NEW GROUND INVASION of Bajor (could be an event like Defera)
  • New crafting/redemption store on Bajor for some Dominion items (cool DOffs, weapons, consumables, gear like those shadow mines)
  • Move the Borg stuff to a small outpost in Gamma Orionis (ending the silliness of Klingons on DS9 during wartime and replacing Battle Group Omega in one fell swoop)
  • Future access to a Gamma Quadrant sector via the wormhole (can tie a future FE to this)
  • A new Starbase in a nearby Sector Block for Feds
Only problem with that is, it would kill all the missions that involve DS9.
Lt. Commander
# 19 Decaf
03-09-2012, 10:22 PM
Decaf, people. Decaf.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-09-2012, 10:33 PM
Really been enjoying the FEs and will be sad when this one ends. It's had great maps, loot and some excellent cutscenes.