Lt. Commander
# 1 Vorta eyes!
03-09-2012, 11:08 PM
Apologies if this has been brought up before (by someone who isn't me, who spent several minutes scrutinizing Eraun the FIRST time he showed up).
This is the tiniest of nitpicks, but there are (so far as I can recall!) only two NPC Vorta in-game; Eraun and Loriss. I can't tell with Loriss, yet (no close-ups) but Eraun's eyes are definitely the wrong colour.
Every Vorta that appeared onscreen had almost neon purple/violet eyes - they're a cloned, engineered species...it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to assume that seeing no variation in eye colour means that there IS no variation.
The colour was so striking that for the longest time, my friend Tosh was under the impression that Jeffrey Combs (Weyoun) actually had purple eyes.
He doesn't. But Weyoun (all of them!) and his comrades, absolutely did.
And poor Eraun is stuck with a sort of muddy brown. I suppose y'could imagine his first clone was created to interface with a species who were deeply offended by purple and therefore the Founders made his eyes brown, but...
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-13-2012, 04:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrekasht View Post
Apologies if this has been brought up before (by someone who isn't me, who spent several minutes scrutinizing Eraun the FIRST time he showed up).
This is the tiniest of nitpicks, but there are (so far as I can recall!) only two NPC Vorta in-game; Eraun and Loriss. I can't tell with Loriss, yet (no close-ups) but Eraun's eyes are definitely the wrong colour.
Every Vorta that appeared onscreen had almost neon purple/violet eyes - they're a cloned, engineered species...it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to assume that seeing no variation in eye colour means that there IS no variation.
The colour was so striking that for the longest time, my friend Tosh was under the impression that Jeffrey Combs (Weyoun) actually had purple eyes.
He doesn't. But Weyoun (all of them!) and his comrades, absolutely did.
And poor Eraun is stuck with a sort of muddy brown. I suppose y'could imagine his first clone was created to interface with a species who were deeply offended by purple and therefore the Founders made his eyes brown, but...
Don't give them any loopholes! I was also confused by the lack of purple eyes.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-13-2012, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrekasht View Post
What if they're Targaryens?