Lt. Commander
# 1 Holographic NPCs
03-09-2012, 11:48 PM
Hi all,
after a long while I started zu play with the foundry again, because I had a nice idea for a longer mission, but now I got a problem. For the mission Iīd like to use a holographic npc, but couldnīt find an effect, that makes an NPC look like a hologramm with some visual disturbances.
My question is now: did I overlook something, or is that not possible?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-10-2012, 11:42 AM
there used to be some cardie ones that were holographic, but that was the only one with that effect on them. it would be 'nice' if there was a 'layer' that you could select (maybe in the costume selector) that would let you add effects like that to other costumes though.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-13-2012, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castmodean View Post
there used to be some cardie ones that were holographic, but that was the only one with that effect on them. it would be 'nice' if there was a 'layer' that you could select (maybe in the costume selector) that would let you add effects like that to other costumes though.
I can't get to it right now, but do you think reskinning the Cardie Hologram would work? Perhaps the disturbance is an idle animation?

I'm doing the same, but I'm just making them especially shiny for now.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-15-2012, 12:22 AM
There is a circular holographic light source that shines from under the NPC. What I've done in the past is take that light source, and place it so only the beams of light radiate up from the floor surrounding the NPC in question.

My hologram was designed to be a stationary projection, but the effect worked rather nicely.

Eventually, I imagine we'll get holo NPCs, but this was the best I was able to swing so far.