Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Cannot create new characters
03-10-2012, 05:27 AM
Some background first... I havent played STO in almost a year now, I just recently came back after hearing the game was now free to play, thought I might give it another shot.

I still have my old characters, three of them to be exact. I spent a ton of dilithium to purchase 500 cryptic points so that I could unlock two additional character slots.

However, whenever I try to create new characters, upon the final stages of character creation I get a "Character Creation Failed" message, and get booted back to my character selection screen. I cant figure out why I'm unable to create new characters when I have slots available for them - I'm not even selecting anything during character creation that requires cryptic points to purchase.

Can anyone help me out here?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-10-2012, 07:42 AM
Yu're not the only one. I am in the same situation however I was able to make one character before it stopped allowing my to. I have given them a couple of weeks to sort it out. I will give them another before I hit the bank and order a chargback request to get the money I spen on the cpoints to buy the extra slots. It seems to be the only way to get them to listen now.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-10-2012, 06:40 PM
Glad I only spent dilithium my characters had instead of cash on it, then.

Still, this needs to be addressed. So much has changed in this game since I last played that I literally have no idea how to play my VA characters anymore, it'd be nice to have the chance to re-learn the game (and get a grasp on some of the changes) via levelling a new character.