Lt. Commander
# 211
03-11-2012, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Kurland is a horrible base commander. I mean he's had DS9 invaded TWICE now. And he LOST the whole station once!

Also, since when did the "Fleet" consist of like, 6 ships? Budget cuts? :p
To be fair, Sisko had DS9 invaded... I think three or four times? And lost the whole station too.

Would you call Sisko a horrible station commander?
Lt. Commander
# 212
03-11-2012, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattimus_Prime View Post
Would you call Sisko a horrible station commander?
I would.

If you go by the klingon attack on ds9 episode (Don't know the name ), he goes to battle stations, but instead of saying "fire at will", he says "ready photon launchers"......"FIRE!"...

Given that photons are kinda weak against shields, he should've told worf to ready all phaser banks and fire at will, THEN launch photons when shields were weak!

:p
Lt. Commander
# 213
03-11-2012, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamPD View Post
I would.

If you go by the klingon attack on ds9 episode (Don't know the name ), he goes to battle stations, but instead of saying "fire at will", he says "ready photon launchers"......"FIRE!"...

Given that photons are kinda weak against shields, he should've told worf to ready all phaser banks and fire at will, THEN launch photons when shields were weak!

Honestly, the idea of photons being weak against shields is a gameplay mechanic for STO. Torpedoes in the show have been shown to be every bit as effective against shields as phasers.

Shields in Star Trek are basically a generic defense system. It's whittled down by anything and everything, and most shields in the show don't come near to enduring the same amount of punishment as the shields in the game. In fact, DS9 really hardly ever showed shields being used at all (apparently a SFX budget issue, as it had so many ships on screen at once that doing the shield effects was cost-prohibitive).

In that scene, the Klingons are never shown to be using shields... so really, Sisko made the right call after all anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 214
03-11-2012, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamPD View Post
I would.

Shields didn't exist for most of DS9.
Lt. Commander
# 215
03-11-2012, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthconnor View Post
Somehow Data while blown up was able to take over B4 body im guessing from the fact that he had downloaded all his knowledge into B4 in Nemesis. Data in STO a few years later returned and took over as Captain of the Enterprise-E and was sent on a mission to find a outpost they lost contact with i believe(its in the path to 2409 on website). As of so far noone has heard anything else from the Enterprise or Data and they are reported as MIA.
Why do people keep saying this? There was NOTHING about the fate of the E-E at all. They were sent to a outpost to investigate loss of communication. There was NOTHING ever mentioned about the E-E being lost.
Lt. Commander
# 216
03-11-2012, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattimus_Prime View Post
Honestly, the idea of photons being weak against shields is a gameplay mechanic for STO. Torpedoes in the show have been shown to be every bit as effective against shields as phasers..
True that, the quantum volley that Enterprise fired against the scimitar seemed to cause "some" damage to the ship/shields, but not much. (30% drop from start to end of battle, from memory)
Lt. Commander
# 217
03-11-2012, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roche_Furman
There was NOTHING ever mentioned about the E-E being lost.
Been missing long enough that it was stricken from active roster, that is why there is a new ship named Enterprise.
Lt. Commander
# 218
03-11-2012, 01:08 PM
Just did it for the third time with my VA FED SCI and this was very painful in space. The previou two characers were my VA KDF ENG and CPT KDF TAC that both got through the mission without dying in space (but the CPT did come close). I noticed that the shields on my SCi ship were about useless and all my SCi shield abilities seemed to be nerfed. I have never had such a problem in STFs with my SCI so I don't know why this mission should have been so hard on my SCI ship. Still have 3xFED to go (VA ENG. LT CDR ENG and VA TAC).

Just hope this mission is adjusted when it goes into the game storyline.

Supplemental: The fourth run with my FED LT CDR ENG was rather good; the ground mission was a breeze and I was able to survive the space armada (by fighting from the fringe) without any major damage. I definitely think somehtin strange was going on with tmy SCI... but the is history and only two more to do tomorrow and Tuesday. One issue is with the cloaked mines, how can you avoid them if they are only visible for a split second. It like STO wanted to ensure the character alwasy gets injured.

Final addition: Did the last two characters , my FED VA ENG and TAC; the ENG in the Sovereign faired rather well, but my TAC in the Defiant went up twice due to overwhelm fire in the furball the game placed my ship in during the space combat. I am guessing that Dominion weapons can cut right through your shields. That explains my SCi having a horrible time. Still managed to get in a good position, despite the game and take out the big ships. That is enough of that now...when is the next FE?
Lt. Commander
# 219
03-11-2012, 01:44 PM
done it a further 7 times on top of the first outing the moment it came out, sufficed to i am glad that is over with!

8x phased beams XI, they do very good damage and are good shield destroyers as well as expected. with FAW, borgified klingon ships are more dead then they were with the disruptors.

additional: anyone notice the EVA suit looks a bit like that core defender from C&C Firestorm? i could of sworn there is some direct inspiration from that game.
Lt. Commander
# 220
03-11-2012, 01:55 PM
May have been said, before, but I only ever access these forums at work and 22 pages are a lot to get through. (And I only did the mission last night so couldn't participate yesterday in this conversation.)

The founder tells me that the jem hadar are assault troops, not stealth troops. Wha? They're (pretty much) predators (OK, if you combine them with the Hirogen's hunting and trophy taking). They turn invisible. Surely they could have used a better excuse than that.

In the beginning of the mission, my ship zips up, stops on a dime and then the camera quickly pans from one ship to the other. Very good camera angles, very poor camera motion; the ship should ease in to shot slowly followed by a slow, dramatic sweep to the new camera position.

Why is Karu'kan such a coward. First in the penal facility

"We're dead! We go into battle to reclaim our lives!"

"Hey look, we can defend ourselves."

"Run awaaaay!"

Then in DS9

"I'll destroy you!"

gets beat up

"Run awaaaaay! I'll get you yet, Flash Gordooooooonnnn!!"

"Get back here Ming!"

"Never, Flash Gordon! You must come out to space where I feel I now have the upper hand! You may have bested me in hand to hand combat, but I have my entire fleet here. Honour be damned, I will destroy you!"

Or something like that. It just seems EXTREMELY uncharacteristic for a Jem'Hadar that was sent from the Gamma quadrant during the dominion wars.

That aside, the mission is VERY fun and he and the other friendly Gamma Jem'Hadar have some great features, can we get those into the alien creator?