Lt. Commander
# 21
03-10-2012, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I'm not a fan of being "saved" by any NPC, no matter how important the ship.
I didn't want to be 'saved' by it. I'm just saying it would've had more impact by being brand-new. Had I not already played that sluggish beam-boat, I would've been super stoked to see it. Now, I wish Starfleet would've sent a few Defiant-class ships instead. (Or at least a ship that can draw aggro in addition to tanking.)
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-10-2012, 12:44 PM
Loved seeing the Enterprise again. Felt weird having to save it when it aggroed 2 battleships though. Plus maybe needed some cool music to play for the drama, instead of the silence of space. Still, these are nits, was happy to see Big E bringing the pain.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-10-2012, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaMala View Post
Still, these are nits, was happy to see Big E bringing the pain.
The Big F.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-10-2012, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
The Big F.
(Big E as in Enterprise)
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-10-2012, 12:56 PM
phased poloron weapons eh? the genuine dominion weapon article, not the breen copy cat version that is also player usable. did anyone equip and use them yet? do they look slightly more blue like they should? like they made the ground weapons look? both tetryon and polaron procs are nice, not quite nice enough to give up my polarized tetryon beams though.

couldn't help but notice that bug ships were making suicide runs at me, did like no damage though, maybe i killed it right before it hit or something. the dominion shield is a poor man's maco, looks like its missing all the cap mods, but it does add a 10% kinetic resist.

that was a punishing space battle, very nice. the minigames and the walking were a bit frustrating at times but they weren't to bad. should be able to do them fairly easily in replays.

a well done mission through and through, i always had that uneasy feeling when cooperating with the dominion throughout the missions, just like i had when watching the ds9 episodes when Sisko and some jem hadar cooperated to accomplish something. but it turned out alright and they didn't stab us in the back, just like in those episodes. i got those same old feeling from playing through this so im quite satisfied
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-10-2012, 01:01 PM
Having just finished it on my main captain. I have to say I enjoyed it. It was fun, challenging. I LOVE the space part of it... It was a good ending to this story arc.... ha... it was a better ending then some other recently released Sci Fi game that had an epic story coming to an end.

* sneaks away to go cry himself back to sleep because of the last sentence. *
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-10-2012, 01:05 PM
Attempting to do this in a two person team I hit an annoying bug.

When you get shunted into the airlock to collect the EVA suit, 1 of us appeared in the corridor fine, the other appeared in the wall. /stuck didn't do anything to help either.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-10-2012, 01:05 PM
That was pretty epic!

Lt. Commander
# 29
03-10-2012, 01:20 PM
I really didn't enjoy that at all.

The EVA suit was just point and click and so painfully drawn out. Then it was a brief jaunt along the promenade then dropped into an insane space battle.

Really was looking forward to this but was so disappointed by this episode, more so than any other I've played to date.

Why didn't they liven up the EVA section with a brief skirmish ala First Contact and the deflector dish?

A far cry from the days of the Romulan FEs.

And I thought there would be at least some sort of ramifications for destroying or saving the ferengi in the Gamma mission.

Nice to see the Enterprise at last though.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-10-2012, 01:28 PM
Here is my feedback on Episode 5:

Ship Arrival Cutscene: Great touch with the engine noise

First Dialogue: I found it to be very undiplomatic and outright rude. I really don't see any Trek Captain going that far.
  • Surprised there was no Jem'Hadar Guards there to protect the Founder with a possible threat on board.
  • Surprised the Dominion let you handle their controls.

SpaceWalk: All in all, this was the funnest part of the episode. I loved the scenery and the additional detail of the station.
  • Physics wa done nicely with the thrusters, though should add some downward thrusts when on the ramp.
  • The crashed BoP's exchaust was frustrating since it warned you but really didn't give you the picture.
  • The explosions should've killed you being that close to an exploding BoP Engine and an Exploding Jem'Haddar fighter. Frankly, when that happened it should've caused a major commotion that something was very wrong. (I.E. all heck breaking loose).
  • And finding that panel to get on the station at first was like "where is it".

IMHO, there needed to be more Jem'Hadar ships seem orbiting the station to give a feeling of occupation.

The Prominade:
  • This really should've been a stealth mission, because you think a occupied station of tens of thousands of Jem'Haddar would come to your location when you first attacked.
  • And how the station get hull breaches when it was relatively okay when you abandoned it?
  • The grenades in the lift was a classic.
  • Felt Ops was rather undermanned.

Now here is the coup de grace - the Final Battle.

I'll be honest, it wasn't exactly a fun battle. People have commented on Tractor Spam, and they are right, there was too much.

Though more ships warping in did give a bit of a feeling of a large fleet. Too bad you couldn't have somekind of artwork in the background, giving the feeling of a larger battle is at hand.

The Enterprise-F's Arrival:

I'm sorry to say, but if there was a major disappointment of this episode or series, this would be it.

Her arrival was very underwhelming and absolutely did not give a feeling of hope or that the tide of battle is now turning. To me it was like "I'm busy, shut up and fight". Which is ironic that my ship was more the Enterprise than the Enterprise. My Sovereign was taking the majority fire from the Jem'Hadar ships and I was barely getting damaged, but the Enterprise herself was on the verge of becoming succeeded by the Enterprise-G.

And the Defiant, really didn't know Kurland was there til things calmed down.

In all honesty, the Enterprise's first appearance should've been something on the scale of awesomeness and here I felt really, really let down. I honestly could've written a better arrival scene in the Foundry.

Rewards: Unlimited Clones for 15 sec, nice! She will come in handy and be a major pain in PvP. :p

As for the Jem'Hadar Shields - well players can finally get those purple nacelles.

Overall Score: B
Series Score: B

(Personally, the older FEs were better with the story).