Lt. Commander
# 41
03-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Quote:
One of the most dissapointed things in STO.

That's my take on this FE Series.
this. I can describe the FE, and this mission in one simple word: garbage.

thrustering around the outside of the station has zero point to it. the mini games are pointless, annoying and should not be there. got to the chip mini game, spent 4 hours on it because the window kept closing and resetting the game (WHY is the game resetting while you're trying to do that? is it a bug?) then said the hell with it and dropped the mission. I have zero interest in ever looking a it again.
Lt. Commander
# 42
03-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob.rocks
Attempting to do this in a two person team I hit an annoying bug.

When you get shunted into the airlock to collect the EVA suit, 1 of us appeared in the corridor fine, the other appeared in the wall. /stuck didn't do anything to help either.
That happened to my wife when we hit that point. Luckily, she was still able to get the suit and zone when I did.

I got stuck in a wall when we reached OPs and /stuck failed. I just had to shoot at whatever I could target and hope for the best.

both of the incidents happened while teamed, plus one other bug: When we had to "jump", my wife ended up on the other side of the crash, but I did not. I was able to zone when she did to enter DS9, otherwise I was dead in the water.

These bugs did not occur when I soloed the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 43
03-10-2012, 01:36 PM
THIS MAY HAVE BEEN THE WORST MISSION I HAVE EVER PLAYED. Waste of resources and "talent", Space walking could have been fun but instead lets make it an annoying chore with no real game play. Just slow walking and an auto jump to get around. Please don't use that in any other missions, you guys just wasted how many ever man hours working on a boring unfun segment.

Ok so now I am in DS9 well this was really hard to put together run around kill a few JH and Roberts your mothers brother done. Space fight was good but could have been longer and less of a cluster F#$!.

IMO if this is the best you guys can do atm with the resources available to you. STOP. Put your efforts into more STFs and a more robust endgame. Because this was a let down.
Lt. Commander
# 44
03-10-2012, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardoc
Huh? Unlimited clones, thought it was just 2 clones?
It is 2 clones, but unlimited useage with a 10 minute refresh.
Lt. Commander
# 45
03-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Overall this installment felt a bit lackluster. Not even an epic entrance for the Enterprise. I was also looking forward to using the phased polaron weapons, but those were also lackluster. Effects-wise they were just purple phasers, but technically they'll make a good addition to my Galor.

The limited reward, while great, needs some buffing. The clones are incredibly weak. Their health needs to be increased and the cooldown should be reduced to 4-5 minutes.
Lt. Commander
# 46
03-10-2012, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiloPhi
I didn't want to be 'saved' by it. I'm just saying it would've had more impact by being brand-new. Had I not already played that sluggish beam-boat, I would've been super stoked to see it. Now, I wish Starfleet would've sent a few Defiant-class ships instead. (Or at least a ship that can draw aggro in addition to tanking.)

In my first run so far, the Enterprise-F did pretty well, far better than I managed (though I was in the battle longer). It barely got a scratch and saw it handle a couple of battleships by itself off to the side.

The Enterprise-F aside, I've seen too many hectic battles like this easily go one way or the other, especially for glass cannons that tend to fall apart as soon as someone shoots a glare at them =P So I highly doubt a few Defiants would have done much better in that regard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PofusP
A great finale. Although kind of a letdown to not see Data as captain of the F. Then again, is the Ent-E still lost?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthconnor View Post
*snippity-snip*

Nice intro for the Enterprise nothing like seeing the flagship get damaged and have to carry out repairs like 4 times and on top of that you put an the Andorian in charge when the Enterprise captain has always been Human. Didnt much like that.

Most things just need improvements and maybe fixes for glitches or toning down, but the Captain of enterprise should be human or Data not the Andorian.

*snippity-snip*

Last I heard, Data and the Enterprise-E were MIA, pretty sure I read that in one of the little lore snippets somewhere, and maybe a dev post somewhere...

And why not Andorian? Andorians were always known to be one of the big races in the Federation, a founding race even. And as you point out, the last Enterprise captain was an android. Perhaps an android aspiring to be human, but still not a flesh and blood human, and so doesn't fall under your idea that "the Enterprise captain has always been Human."

Whether or not Captain Shon becomes a famous Enterprise captain (since we only really ever got to know a few Enterprise captains of the larger number in the series and movies), he should be given his chance.

I personally feel this is a great opportunity and have wanted to see a non-human Enterprise captain take the helm with their mixed crew to continue to explore the "human condition," to have a variety of mindsets, opinions, feelings, and experiences collide together to make an interesting story or background.

And if you want to say that we can't explore the "human condition" with non-humans or other alien lifeforms, then you completely missed the point in Data's, Worf's, Spock's and other non-human characters' growth and morals throughout the series they were a part of. Spock's half-human side was only a way to help tie us to him, as is Data's attempt to humanify himself and Worf's adopted upbringing...who knows what sort of experiences Shon's had as a non-human character. We've only just begun with him =P

So in my feedback to this particular point, I implore the developers to do what they can to further expand Captain Shon and the crew of the Enterprise-F, at least in bios and details we can look up or discover via other means at some later point in time.

And as for the rest of the mission, I did enjoy it, my only "problems" with it would be that the spacewalk could have had a bit more to *do* during it, but I honestly thought nothing of it at the time. I'd actually like to see a new daily mission unlocked via completing this episode to use the suit to go out and effect repairs or search for things on the hull of DS9.

The promenade section of the mission was a bit dull'ish too, despite the combat. Mind you, not saying it needs more combat, but felt a little sparse for some reason, nothing I can quite pin down at the moment in words...

But all-in-all, I enjoyed the mission, and will go as far as to say this is why I came back to STO over TOR, for new attempts at spicing up what could just be an "enter room, kill everything, click one button and fight a boss." Cutscenes with faux story-changing choices are not all a game should aspire to make do with, no? I *like* what the devs try to do with a lot of their newer missions, and wish this was more how STF's were instead of the grind-grind-grind silliness.
Lt. Commander
# 47
03-10-2012, 01:51 PM
I think this episode is an example of what Cryptic does. Way too little of something or way too much. It's like they don't get balance which is really weird, I don't know any other game that can't seem to figure it out.
  1. Spacewalk. Fun for a grand total of 2 minutes. Then quickly became tedious once you're on your 10th spacewalk pole. Agony by the time you do the mission on your third toon. Then stuff kept happening that felt really really contrived.
  2. Puzzles: Kill that stupid 6-piece puzzle, it is very annoying
  3. Ground Fights: Okay, I guess. The optionals were ok. Could have used a little class-based flavoring.
  4. Space Battle: Needs to be toned down, at least on Advanced. Or give me a lot more backup to work with.
  5. Rewards: Nice stuff but I'm dreading playing this again.
Lt. Commander
# 48
03-10-2012, 01:57 PM
I very much liked it.

Especially that the fights were really fights. The spacesuit action and the suit itself are awesome, too, as are the complete Jem'Hadar sets for both space and ground. Awesome looks and relatively good stats.

My wish for future FEs is that there could be less scenes that cost so much suspension of disbelief.
I.e. we get nearly killed from the exploding engine of a ship but the next thing we do is to blow up a Jem'Hadar ship right above us.

Loriss and especially the Founder should have reacted differently - just seeing a Founder is enough to make her beam over, and the Founder still thinks Kar'ukan will stand down, after that show in Facility 4028?

All in all a very pleasant FE, I liked it very much, made for some awesome screenshots.
Lt. Commander
# 49
03-10-2012, 01:59 PM
OK so at the very end i hail the Dominion and speakl to Loriss, who is standing next to me already, come on now, why would i hail someone on the com link who's standing next to me!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 50
03-10-2012, 01:59 PM
I loved the optional cutscene if you find the explosives, and come in via the ceiling rather then the OPs elevator and take Kuru'kahn by surprise. Nice touch there! I missed that on my first alt.